View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Dunno about Milan but the harness the dog is wearing is the same one my dogs have and they are very good.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
i think people's hatred of CM is prejudicing their observation.
he clearly looks like he is experiencing a combination of exertion and enjoyment to me.

id love a go in a suit!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Nope - it's not fun. Their teeth can't go through but you can feel the bite pressure and when they start pulling too it can be very painful. At the very least he would have been incredibly uncomfortable.

What I like about the picture is that clearly the dog has already brought him tot he ground. You usually wouldn't start off face down on the grass. Normally you'd run and then there would be some trigger to set the dog off if it's already at a distance from it's handler or the dog would be going mad trying to get to him and the handler releases with whatever command they use.

That's from a police perspective anyway. They may have changed their methods and if this was in the US it may be completely different.

Nope - I've done it. I always wanted to wear one and have a dog bring me down. Yes I am warped and twisted but it was an experience I'd never want to go through for real; although I'm really pleased I did it.
how can you tell he hadnt already been running?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Well as Bernard Flinks said last year when he was over here, he thinks our criminals are very happy with our police dogs as most of them are all trousers and no mouth!

Dogs which compete at the top end of Schutzhund, KNPV, Mondioring, French and Belgian Ring etc are a different kettle of fish.

They are genetically engineered to have what we call a full, hard, calm grip so you cannot get a pinky inbetween the mouth.

A bite suit is really only used for the ring sports and KNPV, Schutzhund, Working Trials and Police dogs are trained to be PAT (patrol arm true) and bite only arms as a sleeve is used.

However Non compliance dogs (the sort you find on an airfield) will bite anywhere.

Sleeves vary in design but the Schutzhund ones have bite bars underneath which is difficult to explain but is where the crushing mainly takes place. Different sleeves are used at different stages of a dogs career, with soft ones being used and then changing.

Trained helpers do not often hit the ground as they learn how to use their body effectively in order not to damage the dogs. This is why in competition if someone DOES hit the deck a huge cheer normally goes up around the stadium. The helpers are usually young, agile, fit and wear football boots to increase grip etc.

There is a lot of technique in training dogs to bit correctly, it is not just about standing or running in a suit.

I enjoy it myself.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
Dunno about Milan but the harness the dog is wearing is the same one my dogs have and they are very good.
It is called an agitation harness, it is used when training with lines do pressure is not put on the collar.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 10:23 AM
LOL if that had been my GSD, Desmond, I would have sent him in to grab his "Crown Jewels"Now he really would have had an"interesting"expression on his face then LOLOLOLOL
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 10:41 AM
hahah what a great picture!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 03:12 PM

A very nice picture, I do think he is a little uncomfortable in that position ....

Wys
x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2