View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 05:12 PM

Newstead Colliery 28th March. Picture heavy!

Well Leanne drew my attention to a great - well wouldn't call it a walk but a good place to take the dogs, when helping me with Louie's retrieval work - which is a different story..unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of him in training..

Anyway I liked it so decided that for our walk yesterday, they could go there as when Leanne took me - we didn't see any other dogs so it was perfect for Benjie and Louie as Benjie wouldn't be on lead all the time and Louie wouldn't be distracted.. Anywho enough talking -

Scary bollard outside a primary school:

BALL!

Oops Benjie squatting

wow - I take too many pictures...

Thanks for looking.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Well it looks like a good time was had by all
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Yup they loved it and they all slept when they got home.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 09:50 AM
god that wierd bollard thing would scare me!!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Looks like a great walk
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Newstead colliery is in the process of becoming a nature reserve so it looks a bit rough at the moment. It's a great place to go if your dogs like hunting (as there are rabbits, hares, partridge, pheasants, snipe etc) or swimming but if your dogs dont like either then it is a bit boring! Tis true, you dont see many people up there but it's a pretty big area to explore and we easily spend a couple of hours doing a big loop.

Glad it was a useful place and you went back. I only know of it because thats where Flynn did a good deal of his training (the trainer lives on a farm on the other side) and it's useful for practising hunting and retrieving work.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Newstead colliery is in the process of becoming a nature reserve so it looks a bit rough at the moment. It's a great place to go if your dogs like hunting (as there are rabbits, hares, partridge, pheasants, snipe etc) or swimming but if your dogs dont like either then it is a bit boring! Tis true, you dont see many people up there but it's a pretty big area to explore and we easily spend a couple of hours doing a big loop.

Glad it was a useful place and you went back. I only know of it because thats where Flynn did a good deal of his training (the trainer lives on a farm on the other side) and it's useful for practising hunting and retrieving work.
Yes, very useful, thank you for showing it to me.
Can't wait til we try again with Jessie - if you're up to it? Good practise for becoming a trainer
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Bless 'em Looks like they all had a lovely time Thanks for sharing x