View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Oh no! Know how this feels as Parker decided he was going to go into the boggy bit when we went to Salhouse on the Norfolk Broads once.

He was absolutely filthy and we had to put him in the car like this. When we got back home it took Jamie half an hour of rinsing to get all the gunk off!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Aww Henry, it doesnt distract from his gorgeous looks though

Getting muddy should always be called 'Doing a Cosmo'
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
ha ha ha had to chuckle - at least it wasn't a all over body mud dunk!!!

Hopefully he has decided that its not worth the hassle lol

Cosmo will be proud I'm sure!
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
He just wanted a mud bath thats all .
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Aw, 'doing a Cosmo' suits him Although at least he didn't shove his face in there too....
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Cosmo is very proud and flattered by all of this!!!!

He says Hen has a little way to go yet, but it's an excellent start. He is happy to offer any help and advice he can on getting as muddy as possible....this was him at the weekend...

He was actually even dirtier than he looks when we came to clean him up...he was layered. Dirty boy

ETA: just realised how proud he looks on this little s*d!!!
Thanks very much everyone We went over there today but he met up with his friend, a 6 month old Giant Schnauzer who is already bigger and heavier than Hen, they played together so he didn't attempt to go near the moat this time, but I'm going to be prepared for next time
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Oh no! Know how this feels as Parker decided he was going to go into the boggy bit when we went to Salhouse on the Norfolk Broads once.

He was absolutely filthy and we had to put him in the car like this. When we got back home it took Jamie half an hour of rinsing to get all the gunk off!
Oh it's awful isn't it? His tummy feathers were stuck to his body and his leg feathers stuck around his legs, we had to walk him home like that, we then hosed him down, which he hated and I took a bowl of soapy water out to get the worse of it off. Then I had to dry him with the hairdryer just so I didn't make a huge mess getting him upstairs to the bathroom. He adores his baths and loves the hairdryer even more, so he was in heaven, a lovely long walk followed by lots of pampering

Ailsa...I think we'll take a rain check on further lessons from Cosmo
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh it's awful isn't it? His tummy feathers were stuck to his body and his leg feathers stuck around his legs, we had to walk him home like that, we then hosed him down, which he hated and I took a bowl of soapy water out to get the worse of it off. Then I had to dry him with the hairdryer just so I didn't make a huge mess getting him upstairs to the bathroom. He adores his baths and loves the hairdryer even more, so he was in heaven, a lovely long walk followed by lots of pampering

Ailsa...I think we'll take a rain check on further lessons from Cosmo
Blimey!!! You went for mega clean up then!!! A hose down and a bath!!! Cosmo is lucky to get a hose down! At the weekend he did because it was warm and he was minging...he was then towel dried and left to dry...then I brushed the rest of the mud out. Clean up op took about 5 mins to hose...a couple of minutes to towel...drying time varies...brush takes about 5 minutes! Took me longer to wipe the cupboards and walls down...God was having a laugh when he made a dog x hippo with a VERY waggy tail......
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Blimey!!! You went for mega clean up then!!! A hose down and a bath!!! Cosmo is lucky to get a hose down! At the weekend he did because it was warm and he was minging...he was then towel dried and left to dry...then I brushed the rest of the mud out. Clean up op took about 5 mins to hose...a couple of minutes to towel...drying time varies...brush takes about 5 minutes! Took me longer to wipe the cupboards and walls down...God was having a laugh when he made a dog x hippo with a VERY waggy tail......
Oh yes, Hen was absolutely caked in the mud, and the Toot had been full of cattle up until the beginning of the year, they used to wallow in the moat so there was all sorts of things in there, not just dead leaves and water He absolutely stunk of manure mixed with drain water, it was unbearable

I also had to wipe down the doors and cupboards, my clothes hed to be changed twice, once when I had got him home as he had insisted I needed a Henny hug, and then again after I had bathed him as I was dirtier than him by then He takes me a long time to prepare him for a show but he is normally relatively clean then...I honestly have never seen anything like it, he had mud all around his chops and in his ears...he is normally quite spotless

I don't know how you keep Cosmo looking so good, it must be such hard work
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh yes, Hen was absolutely caked in the mud, and the Toot had been full of cattle up until the beginning of the year, they used to wallow in the moat so there was all sorts of things in there, not just dead leaves and water He absolutely stunk of manure mixed with drain water, it was unbearable

I also had to wipe down the doors and cupboards, my clothes hed to be changed twice, once when I had got him home as he had insisted I needed a Henny hug, and then again after I had bathed him as I was dirtier than him by then He takes me a long time to prepare him for a show but he is normally relatively clean then...I honestly have never seen anything like it, he had mud all around his chops and in his ears...he is normally quite spotless

I don't know how you keep Cosmo looking so good, it must be such hard work
That's kind He is very shiny...because of the mud I think. It has it's advantages!I suspect, after 3 and a half years, dealing with the mud has sort of become second nature and we probably don't realise how long it takes us to sort it all out/clean it up. I don't like to bath dogs...Cosmo has only ever had about 3 in his entire life, they are limited to absolutely freeeeeeezing weather when even buckets of warm water outside would be mean. He doesn't tend to have any sort of shampoo when we clean him up either, just water...and often the mud he is in is full of deer/rabbit/sheep poo Or it is beach sludge as it was at the weekend!!! He does actually still pong a bit from the weekend...
We do have to have a clean up operation after most walks....but I tend to leave him to dry off a lot, then brush it out
Cosmo is definitely a lifestyle choice
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Bless him Such a handsome lad, even when he's covered in mud Thanks for sharing x

Cosmo looks cool too
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2