View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Our front door is broken and doesn't unlock from the inside (yet another quirk of the house they didn't put on the property particulars - joy!) so we always use the back door out through the kitchen anyway. Have a bookcase by the back door that is basically there because we had nowhere else to fit it in and it looks OK there which has cookbooks, phone directories and stuff, and the top two shelves seem to have been taken over by dog stuff so treats, torch for late night poo-finding, my gloves and embrassing dog walking hat (my husband's Man Utd hat I nicked - very embarassing for a Sunderland supporter but it's warm) and stuff is all chucked on there and the lead goes on there as well.
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
At the moment (I'm living at my mother's) on a rather nice dog lead holder in the hall by the front door. It's brass and has an English Setter on it and four hooks for leads.

And no, she isn't going to give it to me when I move, even though she no longer has a dog, I've already asked!

I've not seen any nice dog-lead holders like that - anyone know if any companies make them?
https://ukwct.org.uk/shop/product/key_rack/

This is lovely too and the profits go to a good cause
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 06:58 PM
On a hook by the back door, we never use the front door.
Her coat is in the broom cupboard along with her food
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 07:08 PM
by front door on a hook.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 07:14 PM
In the kitchen by the back door on hooks
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 07:42 PM
We have a basket where we keep dog toys, brushes, leads and collars. So basically when we come in from the walk we just toss them in there (she doesn't wear her collar in the house so that goes in too!).
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
https://ukwct.org.uk/shop/product/key_rack/

This is lovely too and the profits go to a good cause
Thank you, and SLB. like the Woof one and the Wolf one. Just have to see what's about when I move and what will fit in, wherever I move to.

I have half a mind to make my own personalised one though, with Merlin on it, if I can't nick Mum's.

By the way..... Has anyone considered that having leads hanging by the front or back door/s is probably the best idea, in event of an emergency?
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Ha Ha i've never thought about the weird place mine are kept! i have them on top of my great big 6 foot freezer

There are flexi leads, long lines, lunge ropes, spare collars, halti's, muzzles and hernesses up there!!

Its only because when Sammy used to want a walk he would go and find a lead and bring it to me or drag it round the floor, play with it etc...where ever i put it he found it, one day i just came home and chucked it up there and thats where they stayed until i had my stash up there!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Usually on the back of a chair in the kitchen. Unless someone decides to tidy up and then it goes in the utility room where i have a plastic set of drawers with all the treats and other bits and pieces in.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Where ever I dump them usually! I generally have leads everywhere!

At the moment, with Misty staying with a friend, her harness and long lead are hooked on one end of the radiator, and her dogs are the other end! Then she's got a shorter lead in their cupboard under the stairs, and bag with spare leads in the 'pet' kitchen cupboard and her coat is in the downstairs loo, on top of a cat carrier!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3