Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 10:15 AM

On my way home-sad and happy in equal measure

Well, we've been over here for nearly a month. We've spent lots of time with the people we love and visited friends that we care about. We've refurbed the house a bit, dug the garden, taken grandchildren to shows and bowling, painted, worked, shopped and now we're off home
for a rest
We're going on the Portsmouth/Santander boat instead of driving as we think France is a bit of a no go area at the moment and do want to get home this week. The dogs will be kenneled on the boat but we can access them any time we want as well as walk them on the top deck which will be good as long as there isn't a force 8 in progress! I'm hoping they will be okay, they have their own bedding.
The crossing takes 24 hours so we will have a cabin and when we reach Spain we can drive straight on down to Malaga, should be home in 5 hours or so. It's piddling down here at the moment, the carpet cleaner has arrived and is cleaning the carpets so we are all crammed into a very small (cosy) kitchen. Hubby is mooching round town collecting stuff for friends and car parts , goodness knows where we are going to put everything, I have a Hyundai sports coupe!!! still we managed ok coming over. I am hoping the weather at least in the day is warmer than here, I missed having my door open for the dogs. Am going to go to say goodbye to my youngest daughter in an hour or so there will be many tears, it's horrible leaving her and her boys but we are hoping to buy a cheapish camper so that when Bill comes over to work I can come with him and bring the dogs and see more of the family. Wish us luck on the boat with no up chucking or doggie hassle.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Good luck on your journey home
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Thank you Hali. Just want to get going now.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Have a safe journey home, hon x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Awwww, wishing you a safe and stress free journey home, and may there be no chucking up on that boat!! Hope the doglets travel well too, if they're tired, they will, and so will you of course. Good luck to all of you, see you again soon I hope.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Have a safe journey x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Safe journey hun xxxxxxxxxxxx