View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks everyone, he was quoted over £3k for insurance!!!

So he has went under his mum's and it's still nearly 2k.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Fantastic!! Thats a really big deal!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Thanks everyone, he was quoted over £3k for insurance!!!

So he has went under his mum's and it's still nearly 2k.

Crickey what kind of toyota is it???

I wonder if its worth him just doing 3rd party for a year . I did that with my first car - mind you, my first car wasn't worth very much. It is a risk if he has an accident that is his own fault, but ifit gave a big saving on the premium it might be worth it.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 04:38 PM
He is going to go with the one that's just under 2k, under his mums, it's a tiny Yaris, 3 door, 1 ltr engine, 03 reg, worth about 3k so he really doesn't want the insurance to be any more than the car!

I felt like saying off that ad, "ARE YOU SERIOUS???? It's a ruddy hatchback not a limousine!"
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 04:40 PM
He's 18 though and only just passed his test, boy racers and all that, but mine's only £700 for provisional!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
He is going to go with the one that's just under 2k, under his mums, it's a tiny Yaris, 3 door, 1 ltr engine, 03 reg, worth about 3k so he really doesn't want the insurance to be any more than the car!

I felt like saying off that ad, "ARE YOU SERIOUS???? It's a ruddy hatchback not a limousine!"
The trouble is with going under his mum's insurance is that he doesn't get his own no claims (or not usually anyway), so that his premiums will stay higher.

you might find that yours goes up if/when you past you test - in theory a provisional driver should have a sensible driver next to them, so may be seen as a lower risk than a young person who has just passed their test and can go off by themselves.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
The trouble is with going under his mum's insurance is that he doesn't get his own no claims (or not usually anyway), so that his premiums will stay higher.

you might find that yours goes up if/when you past you test - in theory a provisional driver should have a sensible driver next to them, so may be seen as a lower risk than a young person who has just passed their test and can go off by themselves.
Aye it will do, I checked, it will be about a grand, he is going with direct line but I know that admiral let all named drivers get their no claims.

There is noway he can get it under 3k on his own though, he hasn't checked 3rd party f&t but I don't think he wants to risk that anyway, just incase.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2