Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post

I think there is a difference when a dog attacks another for a reason or it gives warnings which the other dog doesnt heed. It looks like this dog in question saw the labrador and attacked it without any particular reason or provocation. It saw it an instantly made the decision to nail it. For me, thats where the difference lies.
i don't agree. with correct handling and a responsible owner that dog could live happily in the community. judging by the length of the attack, the size of the attacking dog and the injuries sustained (or not) by the lab that was not a dog intent on killing another.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2009, 05:23 PM
It makes no difference to my opinion what kind of dog it is which attacks without provocation. I think being permanently muzzled in public would be a sufficient course of action for such dogs.
But you said nothing about muzzling, you said a dog that attacks another without provocation is enough for you to see it PTS.
JRT attacks a springer or such. without any provocation it does the same amount of damage (or not) as the dog in question does..... should that JRT be them euthanised
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I dont recall saying that a dog which attacks another without provocation should be PTS.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2009, 06:04 PM
[
I dont recall saying that a dog which attacks another without provocation should be PTS.
B] it has been put forward the question should all dogs who have been involved in a fight be destroyed (with ref to somebody saying the dog was dangerous and should be PTS[/B]).

B]particular reason or provocation. It saw it an instantly made the decision to nail it. For me, thats where the difference lies[/B].
[/QUOTE]

Sorry.I thought your post was agreeing with the suggestion, that a dog who attacked unprovoked, is where the difference lies , in as much as you agree!!

Must have misinterpreted what you said
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-12-2009, 11:56 AM
This is shocking....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...15458124?f=rss

Apologies if it's already been discussed.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by TangoCharlie View Post
This is shocking....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...15458124?f=rss

Apologies if it's already been discussed.
this is what the whole thread is about, this incident started the ball rolling.

Mo
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
this is what the whole thread is about, this incident started the ball rolling.

Mo
Yeah I know. The whole story went under my radar and I posted the above as a new topic and it got moved here.

I did want to say though that the guy should work on his recall!
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Just to let those who are interested know, a teenager has been arrested and charged in connection with the attack on Guide Dog Neela, although it comes as no surprise that the attacking dog is 'missing'....mmmnnn.... I just hope that whoever has it is able to keep it under proper control.

And as glad as I am about this, its a shame the police aren't as interested in pursuing the irresponsible owners of dogs who have attacked our regular pet dogs....
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2009, 09:18 PM
i am glad about the teenager being arrested, but mighty suspicious of where the dog is too
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-12-2009, 09:22 PM
That guy looked way to old to be a 'teenager'!
Page 21 of 22 « First < 11 18 19 20 21 22 >