View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Sorry I watched it, I feel sick, you can tell he was aware the dog was other dog aggressive, because of how he reacted when he saw the lab in the distance, and tried to grab the dogs lead, but missed, and he did try his best to get the dog off the lab, BUT, he could have tied his dog up and gone to make sure the lab and its owner were ok, that is totally unacceptable, that poor dog, just out caring for its owner and that happening to it,

Mo
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2009, 05:58 PM
He really could have kept his dog on a lead and that would have at least reduced its ability to attack any other dog.

Such a shame that it was a guide dog as it may now be unable to work again. I hope that is not the case. In the Sky report it says it looks like a 'cross breed bull type'. Its non-specific.

What a horrible experience for the blind lady though.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2009, 05:59 PM
I totally think its staged- and how the hell can anyone tell from that that the dog is a PBT?!?!?

Is there some conspiracy to get the breed banned going on?!?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 06:12 PM
very sad for the guide dog, and very sad that they felt the need to state a pitbull when they have no idea what breed it is, as dont actually have the dog...

so guess our lovely bull breeds are once again going to feel the brunt of this wonderfully accurate media attention once again
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2009, 06:56 PM
That was so awful to watch.....i wish i hadn't but to give the bloke his due, he did try to get it off

Has anyone else read the comments people have put underneath It's the usual, ban all bull breeds, devil dogs, could have been a child etc etc etc comments like that make me so sad for all the owners of bull breeds

Jann
xxxx
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Every service dog's partner's worst nightmare.

It the dog is unable to work, either physically or mentally, it costs a fortune to train replacements. Even if the owner is caught, I doubt he will be severely punished.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 07:00 PM
I think what is so terrifying about a bull breed attack against any other breed attack is their tenacity and their ability to stay latched on when heavy blows and kicks are being rained down on them. A lesser dog doesnt stand a bloomin chance and that Lab was lucky to get away with it's life IMO.

There is no place in society for such dogs being bred by Joe Bloggs who have no desire to create anything other than the meanest looking dog they can. We dont want those kind of dogs on our streets being owned by morons because they are a danger.

I'm just happy the Lab survived but it's probably ruined for life now, it's owner is probably scarred too and all because some twonk didnt see fit to muzzle his dog when he knew it was aggressive.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
That was so awful to watch.....i wish i hadn't but to give the bloke his due, he did try to get it off

Has anyone else read the comments people have put underneath It's the usual, ban all bull breeds, devil dogs, could have been a child etc etc etc comments like that make me so sad for all the owners of bull breeds

Jann
xxxx
thats what makes me think its staged- there is too much ban the PBT stuff aboout at the moment!!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
thats what makes me think its staged- there is too much ban the PBT stuff aboout at the moment!!
staged in what way?

I think the earlier comment about it being staged was the fact that there are some dogs being used for fighting and innocent victims (dogs) being targeted to 'practice on' in the street.
I think this is obviously not the case here.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
staged in what way?

I think the earlier comment about it being staged was the fact that there are some dogs being used for fighting and innocent victims (dogs) being targeted to 'practice on' in the street.
I think this is obviously not the case here.
I'm really not sure- the whole thing looks dodgy to me!! the man stoping to text in an underpass? Then the vicious and LONG attack, but the lab is still able to get up and run about?........just doesn't look real or natural to me....
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »