Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
thanks, i think this thread is just getting out of hand coz it is an extremely emotional one and so many things could have been different in what happened. and so easily prevented... we are never going to all agree though. we are all different and thats what makes life interesting.
it is emotional and anyone who cares about dogs is going to feel strongly about it. one thing we all agree on is that it should never have happened but thankfully the lab fully recovered.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
it is emotional and anyone who cares about dogs is going to feel strongly about it. one thing we all agree on is that it should never have happened but thankfully the lab fully recovered.
yeah, it definitely shouldnt have happened.

i think its one of those things that if we put ourselves in that position, we can imagine how we would feel coz we all love our dogs.

i also feel strongly about him leaving the woman there, coz my niece has very bad eyesight (she is only 4 though so wont know to what extent until she is older) and she is always falling coz she cant really see things around her. so i just think if that was her, she could easily fall on to the track, so it terrifies me to think of that woman being in such a situation. i obviously dont know the layout of the station so dont know how close she was to it, but it couldve been that or the road. so i think she was lucky.

i would hate anyone who left sophie in such a situation, and she still has some sight.

but we all agree its very sad.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2009, 10:11 PM
ha! talk about assumptions! you are saying the dog wasnt seriously injured... er, assumption?? yes! im not making an assumption as such, i am saying that from looking at the CCTV i am surprised the dog survived and that guy left her when she could have died from injuries she could have got! he didnt know that!
No, Dawn is not making assumptions, she is stating facts, the dog was not seriously injured, , no stitches / no surgury or lifesaving intervention.. only AB for open wounds and sent home to continue to work...

You are making your assumptions based on emotion and what you feel could have happened!!!!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
So it would be fair to say, you just wanted jake as far away from that dog as possible for his own safety?
you can see where im going with this eh :lol:
so if that owner had been offering help would you have just wanted him to go and take his dog as far away from yours as possible?

its great that jake has gone on to make friends with this dog, it just goes to show what a confident wee chap he is.
Yes I can Shona, its sometimes not as black and white as we paint a picture.

Looking on, from the outside we see a man running away, and be branded coward on him.........dont get me wrong it could possibly be that situation, we will never know I guess.

But as you say, sometimes the right thing to do is get said dog/s as far away as quickly as possible, and in a situation as dire as that, sometimes you will be damned if you do, damned if you dont.

And to be honest, even if the chap had intended to come back, get help, I very much doubt he will come forward now, do you...
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
No, Dawn is not making assumptions, she is stating facts, the dog was not seriously injured, , no stitches / no surgury or lifesaving intervention.. only AB for open wounds and sent home to continue to work...

You are making your assumptions based on emotion and what you feel could have happened!!!!!!
im not even going to keep on this arguement coz you wont let it drop, and lilypup has calmed me down so im not rising to it.

all i will say is that i wasnt making assumptions, i was keeping my mind open to what could have happened, not just assumed the dog was ok. neither of you were there at the vets to know what exactly happened, and what state she was in when she arrived, so yes it is an assumption. from the CCTV, the dog definitely did not look ok to me and i was surprised she survived.

i wont be replying to your posts again, i have said what i have to and it is my opinion and i am entitled to it. and i should be able to express it without having you and borderdawn jumping down my throat about it. shona and lilypup both disagree with me about the guy leaving the dog, but did they react how you did? no, they did it constructively. i have my reasons for feeling how i do, and you will NEVER change my opinion. some people could change my opinion over certain things, but not you. you are to abrupt and abrassive in how you come across. and i just cant tolerate that. it doesnt make me listen and consider it, it makes me angry. people like lilypup could change my opinion, coz of how she does it. that is all i am going to say to you.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 10:36 PM
yeah, it definitely shouldnt have happened.

i think its one of those things that if we put ourselves in that position, we can imagine how we would feel coz we all love our dogs.

i also feel strongly about him leaving the woman there, coz my niece has very bad eyesight (she is only 4 though so wont know to what extent until she is older) and she is always falling coz she cant really see things around her. so i just think if that was her, she could easily fall on to the track, so it terrifies me to think of that woman being in such a situation. i obviously dont know the layout of the station so dont know how close she was to it, but it couldve been that or the road. so i think she was lucky.

i would hate anyone who left sophie in such a situation, and she still has some sight.

but we all agree its very sad.
well of course you would feel that way! that is completely understandable! i guess i was guilty of thinking more of the guy with the dog rather than what happened to the lady after he left. obviously i'd love to think that some kind passer by looked after her but we don't know that do we.

yuck. these situations are so distressing to all involved. you and i have had different experiences of a similar thing that i hope we never do again. i must admit though that you have made me look at this in a different light. i do tend to fight the underdogs corner every time and it is easy to get a bit lost in that. thanks lozzi, as always it's good discussing things with you!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 10:59 PM
ha! talk about assumptions! you are saying the dog wasnt seriously injured... er, assumption?? yes! im not making an assumption as such, i am saying that from looking at the CCTV i am surprised the dog survived and that guy left her when she could have died from injuries she could have got! he didnt know that!
NO! I KNOW the dog wasnt seriously injured, I bothered to find out before making assumptions like you did!

Just to remind you, you said the dog was left to die, well it wasnt was it, did you "assume" it was? or did you just type that for better reading? See my point? Hype and assumptions do nothing to support your argument.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
well of course you would feel that way! that is completely understandable! i guess i was guilty of thinking more of the guy with the dog rather than what happened to the lady after he left. obviously i'd love to think that some kind passer by looked after her but we don't know that do we.

yuck. these situations are so distressing to all involved. you and i have had different experiences of a similar thing that i hope we never do again. i must admit though that you have made me look at this in a different light. i do tend to fight the underdogs corner every time and it is easy to get a bit lost in that. thanks lozzi, as always it's good discussing things with you!
lol, thanks. i always try to look at both sides, but one always takes over and i go with that

i think its good that we can all help each other look at things different and maybe open our mind to other things. i know some posts on dogsey have definitely done that for me. i just wish sometimes people wouldnt get jumped on so quickly, i know if that didnt happen i would be more likely to admit either i was wrong or my thoughts on it had changed. getting jumped on just makes me stick to my guns though

its always good discussing things with you too, you write you posts in such a good way and are very constructive in them. i like them
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
NO! I KNOW the dog wasnt seriously injured, I bothered to find out before making assumptions like you did!

Just to remind you, you said the dog was left to die, well it wasnt was it, did you "assume" it was? or did you just type that for better reading? See my point? Hype and assumptions do nothing to support your argument.
no you dont know, coz you were there. my original post said

i hope they do.

can he not get charged for leaving her? i dont know how legally that would stand, but him leaving them there could have left the dog dead and the woman in serious danger without the help of her dog. also, i think leaving the dog to die should be seen as animal cruelty. JMO.
i said could have died, that wasnt saying she was going to but that she could have. you are just trying to make something out of nothing, you are trying to dramatise that! that dog was in danger, and she could have easily died. so i stick with what i said, leaving her could have left her dead!

but like jackbox, i wont be replying to your posts anymore. the two of you are trying to start a fight, and just wont let it drop. so i will. i have my opinions, i am entitled to them and i DO NOT appreciate getting jumped on for my opinion. and MY OPINION is that the dog was seriously injured. watching that attack, i dont know how anyone can say she wasnt. i also said the woman was in serious danger, i dont see you picking up on that one! you always think you are so high and mighty, and that you are always right, but you arent. and just coz you disagree with someone, doesnt make them wrong. but that is me, im not saying anymore to either of you, i cant be doing with either of you or your attitude.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 11:21 PM
lol, thanks. i always try to look at both sides, but one always takes over and i go with that

i think its good that we can all help each other look at things different and maybe open our mind to other things. i know some posts on dogsey have definitely done that for me. i just wish sometimes people wouldnt get jumped on so quickly, i know if that didnt happen i would be more likely to admit either i was wrong or my thoughts on it had changed. getting jumped on just makes me stick to my guns though

its always good discussing things with you too, you write you posts in such a good way and are very constructive in them. i like them
oh me too! i'm a bit like lily in that i won't let it go if i believe in it!!

but, i value others opinions and yours is certainly one i will always listen too. i like the fact you don't just accept what other people say and you will question.

i've had my opinions changed by people on here but only because they've given me rational explanations.
Page 14 of 22 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »