Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
jake was attacked by a dog who was known to be dog aggressive, and he snapped his lead to get a jake and this happened after me and jake had gone round the corner. i just heard a screaming, turned round and there was ozzy charging at us
you must have got such a shock, did the dog get a hold of jake?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2009, 08:00 PM
[
that wasnt my original comment.
It was the origanl comment I was referring too,

i
didnt say you said it couldnt happen, but you seem to think that coz she got up, she wasnt seriously injured! so then why are you making such a big deal about how the dog must not have been seriously hurt coz she got up and ran away??
I am not making any deal out of it, big or otherwise, the dog was injured and recovered, it was not seriously injured to the extent it was left to die.

You were the one who dramatised the dogs injuries to it being near death,

Injured dogs and other animals , can run on Adrenalin while injured, but one left to die and near death, I am not so sure.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Not one thats as apparently as badly injured as you made out no. You are dramatising things, that guy at least stopped to get his dog off, risking injury to himself by two dogs, as wrong as he was not to have hold of the lead at all times, it WAS an accident. He should of stayed, he didnt, he should be found and made accountable. I cannot understand why you are in such a twist, everybody agrees he was wrong. Everybody has said what a nasty attack it was, nobody has condoned it.
that dog could have potential, easily died from injuries she could have got, that guy didnt know. if the injuries were causing her to bleed heavily, she could have still ran away or she could have died from the shock. she could have died from a number of things. the point is, no matter what her injuries were, that guy didnt know.

im in such a twist at you and jackbox jumping down my throat. i was merely expressing my opinion, that the guy shouldnt have left and him leaving could have resulted in the dog dying (not just from injuries she did get, but ones she could have got that he didnt know about - thats what i was meaning) but you two had to start something over it. and that annoyed me beyond belief.

even if it was an accident, he was 100% at fault for what happened, and he needs to face up to it.

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
you must have got such a shock, did the dog get a hold of jake?
i did, was terrifying. he managed to get hold of his back leg, but the two of them were both running around me in circles (jake was onlead) so he just kept grabbing, letting go then grabbing again. so i just lifted jake off the ground quickly using his lead when ozzy didnt have hold of him. i was scared i would choke him, but it wouldnt be long enough to kill him or anything, so figured it was better that than him getting bitten. it wasnt nice, but jake has since met the dog and they became friends jakes a lot braver than i am!

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

It was the origanl comment I was referring too,

I am not making any deal out of it, big or otherwise, the dog was injured and recovered, it was not seriously injured to the extent it was left to die.

You were the one who dramatised the dogs injuries to it being near death,

Injured dogs and other animals , can run on Adrenalin while injured, but one left to die and near death, I am not so sure.
well, that wasnt the one you quoted.

i think a dog could, i have seen dogs on animal cops who have. and i have seen programmes where people have.

my point was merely that, the guy didnt know the dogs injuries and she could have bled to death or gone into shock.

you and borderdawn are saying im dramatising the dogs injuries, but you are dramatising what i have said.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 08:44 PM
i did, was terrifying. he managed to get hold of his back leg, but the two of them were both running around me in circles (jake was onlead) so he just kept grabbing, letting go then grabbing again. so i just lifted jake off the ground quickly using his lead when ozzy didnt have hold of him. i was scared i would choke him, but it wouldnt be long enough to kill him or anything, so figured it was better that than him getting bitten. it wasnt nice, but jake has since met the dog and they became friends jakes a lot braver than i am!.
So it would be fair to say, you just wanted jake as far away from that dog as possible for his own safety?
you can see where im going with this eh
so if that owner had been offering help would you have just wanted him to go and take his dog as far away from yours as possible?

its great that jake has gone on to make friends with this dog, it just goes to show what a confident wee chap he is.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 08:48 PM
that dog could have potential, easily died from injuries she could have got, that guy didnt know. if the injuries were causing her to bleed heavily, she could have still ran away or she could have died from the shock. she could have died from a number of things. the point is, no matter what her injuries were, that guy didnt know.

im in such a twist at you and jackbox jumping down my throat. i was merely expressing my opinion, that the guy shouldnt have left and him leaving could have resulted in the dog dying (not just from injuries she did get, but ones she could have got that he didnt know about - thats what i was meaning) but you two had to start something over it. and that annoyed me beyond belief.

even if it was an accident, he was 100% at fault for what happened, and he needs to face up to it.
Oh, and here's me thinking Ive only made a few posts in the thread, thats in 13 pages!

Your opinion is respected, it your assumptions that are not.

As for the highlighted bit, AGAIN and for the FINAL time NOBODY has disagreed with that statement anywhere at all.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 08:51 PM
So it would be fair to say, you just wanted jake as far away from that dog as possible for his own safety?
you can see where im going with this eh
so if that owner had been offering help would you have just wanted him to go and take his dog as far away from yours as possible?
depends when you mean. during it, obviously i did to prevent injury. but after it, no. Jake was young enough to be held at that time, so I held him while we both checked him over and she apologised repeatedly. She had tied to two ends of lead together, not greatly secure but it still kept ozzy at bay. When we knew jake was fine, I left but wouldn’t say I was in a hurry.

I also let jake meet him again, about 2 weeks later. Which, I will admit, was a bit scary but I gave them both a chance, and we gradually introduced them and at the end they were both lying licking each other. I even wrote a post about it coz I was so thrilled how well it went, and how brave jake was. If I was that worried, I wouldn’t have let them but I felt we did it in a good way.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Oh, and here's me thinking Ive only made a few posts in the thread, thats in 13 pages!

Your opinion is respected, it your assumptions that are not.

As for the highlighted bit, AGAIN and for the FINAL time NOBODY has disagreed with that statement anywhere at all.
ha! talk about assumptions! you are saying the dog wasnt seriously injured... er, assumption?? yes! im not making an assumption as such, i am saying that from looking at the CCTV i am surprised the dog survived and that guy left her when she could have died from injuries she could have got! he didnt know that!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 08:57 PM
depends when you mean. during it, obviously i did to prevent injury. but after it, no. Jake was young enough to be held at that time, so I held him while we both checked him over and she apologised repeatedly. She had tied to two ends of lead together, not greatly secure but it still kept ozzy at bay. When we knew jake was fine, I left but wouldn’t say I was in a hurry.

I also let jake meet him again, about 2 weeks later. Which, I will admit, was a bit scary but I gave them both a chance, and we gradually introduced them and at the end they were both lying licking each other. I even wrote a post about it coz I was so thrilled how well it went, and how brave jake was. If I was that worried, I wouldn’t have let them but I felt we did it in a good way.
I can see why you would have been calmer in this sinario, from what you describe it was a horrid chasing session round your legs with the dog biting at jakes back legs in collie fashion. But had the attack been as violent as the one in the vid, you would possibly have been more upset?

I would think in that situation I would just want the attacking dog as far away from my dog as possible, if the owner lost control once, he could do it again, so any offer of help could be like putting your dog in a ring for round 2
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 09:01 PM
it's clear that far too many of us have had first hand experience with dog attacks. i know that the first time dylan was attacked when we finally got tommy off him, tommy was desperately trying to get back to him and his owner was having serious problems holding onto him. it took a passer by to help hang on to the dog whilst dylan and i got away.

lozzi i totally agree that the man should and could have done many things differently and the best thing in my opinion would have been to get the dog away somewhere safe, ideally home, and then either go back to the scene and tell someone who worked at the station what had happened. or to go to the police.

but that is just my opinion and as we know opinions can differ. you of course are entitled to yours and i'm just so sorry that you and jake have been involved in something so horrific.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 09:13 PM
I can see why you would have been calmer in this sinario, from what you describe it was a horrid chasing session round your legs with the dog biting at jakes back legs in collie fashion. But had the attack been as violent as the one in the vid, you would possibly have been more upset?

I would think in that situation I would just want the attacking dog as far away from my dog as possible, if the owner lost control once, he could do it again, so any offer of help could be like putting your dog in a ring for round 2
well, the dog was BCxSBT so it was probably the BC in him that led to that lol. well, to me the attack was really bad coz jake was only 4 months (i checked the date on the post i did at the time) so was horrible.

he also has been jumped on by a SBT when he was 11 weeks, and was squealing horrifically. the size difference was massive! but i just punched to dog to get him off, and that with the owners screams worked, so i just picked jake up and stood shouting at the owners. my dad had to grab me and make me walk, but i was just too angry that my mouth took over. but jake was in my arms so felt he was safe.

if i was in the situation of the CCTV footage, i think i would be angry the guy didnt check jake was ok or apologise a hell of a lot. but thats just me.

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
it's clear that far too many of us have had first hand experience with dog attacks. i know that the first time dylan was attacked when we finally got tommy off him, tommy was desperately trying to get back to him and his owner was having serious problems holding onto him. it took a passer by to help hang on to the dog whilst dylan and i got away.

lozzi i totally agree that the man should and could have done many things differently and the best thing in my opinion would have been to get the dog away somewhere safe, ideally home, and then either go back to the scene and tell someone who worked at the station what had happened. or to go to the police.

but that is just my opinion and as we know opinions can differ. you of course are entitled to yours and i'm just so sorry that you and jake have been involved in something so horrific.
thanks, i think this thread is just getting out of hand coz it is an extremely emotional one and so many things could have been different in what happened. and so easily prevented... we are never going to all agree though. we are all different and thats what makes life interesting.
Page 13 of 22 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »