Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Im glad he removed his dog from the area, that doesnt mean I think what he did was ok, it was not, he could have reported the incident as soon as he had taken his dog out of the situation.

but... I dont think for one moment he could have controled that dog anywhere near the guide dog after the fight, so any effort to help at that point would have likely resulted in another fight.
I have to agree with you Shona, I dont think anyone is condoning his actions, but the situation may have been exasperated had he stayed around with his dog,

Sad awful case , and horrific to watch, makes you wonder who these people can participate in dogs fighting doesn`t it..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
but he could have tied the dog up while he helped her, or he could have stood at a distance and shouted for others to come and help her. but he didnt, he just left her.

he put the guide dog in serious danger, and her blind owner. anything could have happened to her!
Im not disputing that he was wrong to leave her, but im glad he did, I think him staying there would have only made things much worse.
He could have tied the dog up, but I have delt with some seriously dog aggressive dogs, I dont think it would be a risk I would take, A dog with that size and strength can snap leads, one good bite could go right through the lead. Other dogs may pass when its tied up leading to even more fighting.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Sad awful case , and horrific to watch, makes you wonder who these people can participate in dogs fighting doesn`t it..
I find it sickening,
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

22-11-2009, 07:11 PM

, there you go (again!) putting words in mouth!! I said ‘could have left the dog dead’, ive highlighted the important word for you there!

Sorry were did I put words in your mouth, I was referring to your original..

,Originally Posted by lozzibear

i think leaving the dog to die should be seen as animal cruelty. JMO

I have highlighted it for you so no mistake is made!!

Originally Posted by lozzibear dont worry, she likes to put words in peoples mouth
If you read my reply to tabsmagic , you will see I apologised for my mistake, not intention of twisting her words or putting ones in that were not there.

Originally Posted by lozzibear And he also got up to run away, just coz he got up to run doesn’t mean he isn’t seriously ill. I have heard many stories of people and animals, who do that in a situation like that. it’s the only way to get away from what is attacking!

I dont need to hear many stories of animals running on adrenalin when hurt , I have witnessed it many times over the yrs.......... were did I say it could not happen.

I was again referring to your post saying the dog was left for dead, and subsequent posts where you implied the seriousness of the injuries...as it happens along with the video, and followup reports the dog suffered minor injuries where he needed antibiotics, and returned to work soon after.......... not the near death experience you portray
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Im not disputing that he was wrong to leave her, but im glad he did, I think him staying there would have only made things much worse.
He could have tied the dog up, but I have delt with some seriously dog aggressive dogs, I dont think it would be a risk I would take, A dog with that size and strength can snap leads, one good bite could go right through the lead. Other dogs may pass when its tied up leading to even more fighting.
but the dog could do that even if he was walking away, if he was determined to attack the dog more he could have snapped the lead even if the guy was holding it.

i just think he was totally wrong for leaving her, and nothing will make me think he was right to do so.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

22-11-2009, 07:13 PM
I find it sickening,
I know, when you watch somehting like that , can you imagine the sort of people, that actually put dogs in a ring to fight!!!!!!!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Sorry were did I put words in your mouth, I was referring to your original..
that wasnt my original comment.

I dont need to hear many stories of animals running on adrenalin when hurt , I have witnessed it many times over the yrs.......... were did I say it could not happen.

I was again referring to your post saying the dog was left for dead, and subsequent posts where you implied the seriousness of the injuries...as it happens along with the video, and followup reports the dog suffered minor injuries where he needed antibiotics, and returned to work soon after.......... not the near death experience you portray
i didnt say you said it couldnt happen, but you seem to think that coz she got up, she wasnt seriously injured! so then why are you making such a big deal about how the dog must not have been seriously hurt coz she got up and ran away??

that guy had no idea what the dogs injuries were, so whether they were serious or not, he shouldnt have left her! and yes, she could have easily died! whether she is back at work now doesnt mean anything! except that she is a remarkable dog, who has amazed me just surviving, never mind being back at work.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:23 PM
but the dog could do that even if he was walking away, if he was determined to attack the dog more he could have snapped the lead even if the guy was holding it.
I guess the dog could have snapped the lead even with the owner holding it, the thing is anything can happen in that sinario, though I would think it less likely to happen than if the dog were tied up.
The quicker you get a dog that wound up away from its target the better. I dred to think what would have happend had he lost control again.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I guess the dog could have snapped the lead even with the owner holding it, the thing is anything can happen in that sinario, though I would think it less likely to happen than if the dog were tied up.
The quicker you get a dog that wound up away from its target the better. I dred to think what would have happend had he lost control again.
jake was attacked by a dog who was known to be dog aggressive, and he snapped his lead to get a jake and this happened after me and jake had gone round the corner. i just heard a screaming, turned round and there was ozzy charging at us
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 07:40 PM
ok, so a dog who is seriously injured can never get up and run? sorry, totally disagree with that! i have heard many stories which show they can and do!
Not one thats as apparently as badly injured as you made out no. You are dramatising things, that guy at least stopped to get his dog off, risking injury to himself by two dogs, as wrong as he was not to have hold of the lead at all times, it WAS an accident. He should of stayed, he didnt, he should be found and made accountable. I cannot understand why you are in such a twist, everybody agrees he was wrong. Everybody has said what a nasty attack it was, nobody has condoned it.
Page 12 of 22 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »