Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
cheers

just coz the dog runs off doesnt mean s/he isnt in serious danger. my friends dog was attacked a few years ago, he ran away but nearly died from loss of blood and from shock! the other dog had missed his jurgular by millimetres. i hardly think, after that attack, you can say that dogs life wasnt in danger. and i AM NOT hyping up her injuries, it says she had to get rushed to the emergency vets, thats pretty serious to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it was rushed to the vet, but the dog did not need any stitches just antibiotics for "wounds" if they were serious wounds, they would have needed stitching.

And if the dog was near death, or left to die, it would 1)not have got up to look for his owner 2) been sent home from the vet.

So with the benifit of the video and after reports, (which I take it you read) then yes, your statement is hyping up the dogs injuries , also not sure how your friends dog nearly bled to death when no major arteries /jugular where cut ..........shock I can see,

i didnt say a person WAS injured, i was merely pointing out that it is an offence to have an out of control dog!! and that the difference between a dog out of control and a dog that injuries someone is that it is an aggravated offence! so its still an offence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and how can you say she wasnt left to die?? after that attack i am surprised she lived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the dog did live was not seriously hurt, did not someoen post the dog is back doing its job!!!

Along with the fact the dog did NOT injure a person so again the out of control (from the DDA website Section 3 ) states out of control with regards people/humans, not dogs, so where is the offence!!!

so whether the dog attacks or not, it is still an offence.
According to the article from the DDA , its only an offence is deemed out of control and endangering people!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

22-11-2009, 03:10 PM
its not period! how can you judge how serious and close to death the dog was?? at the end of the day, that guy didnt either and to leave her there was sick!!!
No ones disputing the guy was wrong or should at least have gotten some help, but to say the dog is close to death from your observations is hugely exaggerating the injuries.

P.S just watched the whole horrible incident again to see if it looks like the dog has been left for dead, but the lab jumps straight up as soon as the dog lets go, and starts to run around looking for its owner.

I have no doubt the Lab will be traumatised by the attack, and disorientated , with luck has recovered without to many injuries.

I sincerely hope the dog goes on to live a long and happy life with his owner doing the job he is good at.

If you also look at the video, you will see once that dog latched on to the Lab, it did not rip or shake the dog, my guess is any damage to the Lab, will have been the result of the owner of the attacker trying to free his dog off the Lab...
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 03:15 PM
this thread has got really messy!!
from what i can attempt to deduce an opinion...here goes;

the dog acted very aggressively, was out of control and attracted unprovoked
The owner did attempt to stop the attack, but did run away rather than face the consequences of having an out of control aggressive dog.

I do not think that even an aggressive dog thinks 'evil' thoughts as an aggressive human does.
i think n aggressive dog is acting on instinct and not on a this is 'right' or 'wrong' behavior.
I think if a dog acts aggressively then it does so because for some reason it ha learned this behavior is the best cause of action.
I think if the dog can be re trained then it need not be PTS.
BUT that is in my perfect world, re training takes time and expertise, and patience, sadly i do not thing any of those things will be awarded to dog in question should the owner be caught,

thats all just my take on the situ. ( peace!!)
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

22-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post

The owner did attempt to stop the attack, but did run away rather than face the consequences of having an out of control aggressive dog.

I do not think that even an aggressive dog thinks 'evil' thoughts as an aggressive human does.
i think n aggressive dog is acting on instinct and not on a this is 'right' or 'wrong' behavior.
I think if a dog acts aggressively then it does so because for some reason it ha learned this behavior is the best cause of action.
BUT that is in my perfect world, re training takes time and expertise, and patience, sadly i do not thing any of those things will be awarded to dog in question should the owner be caught,

Agree with everything you say, apart from the blanket PTS of aggressive dogs, they should all be taken on individual merit..

Any dog can be aggressive to another, if we just put them all under the same umbrella of no option and euthanizing them, if ever time they had a fight or aggressive to another dog, we would soon be very short of dogs.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Agree with everything you say, apart from the blanket PTS of aggressive dogs, they should all be taken on individual merit..

Any dog can be aggressive to another, if we just put them all under the same umbrella of no option and euthanizing them, if ever time they had a fight or aggressive to another dog, we would soon be very short of dogs.
Confused? where did i say aggressive dogs should be PTS?
I said they should be re trained, not pts?!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

22-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Sorry, not read your post correctly, the word "not" I missed
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 03:36 PM
its not period! how can you judge how serious and close to death the dog was?? at the end of the day, that guy didnt either and to leave her there was sick!!!
Thats funny! Perhaps it was the way the dog got up and ran off?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 06:10 PM
But the dog did live was not seriously hurt, did not someoen post the dog is back doing its job!!!
and the guy knew that? he saw into the future, knew the dog would be ok and be back working. ah, ok he was right for leaving the dog!!! NO HE WASNT!!

Along with the fact the dog did NOT injure a person so again the out of control (from the DDA website Section 3 ) states out of control with regards people/humans, not dogs, so where is the offence!!!

According to the article from the DDA , its only an offence is deemed out of control and endangering people!!!
the DDA says that having an out of control dog is an offence!

No ones disputing the guy was wrong or should at least have gotten some help, but to say the dog is close to death from your observations is hugely exaggerating the injuries.

P.S just watched the whole horrible incident again to see if it looks like the dog has been left for dead, but the lab jumps straight up as soon as the dog lets go, and starts to run around looking for its owner.

I have no doubt the Lab will be traumatised by the attack, and disorientated , with luck has recovered without to many injuries.

I sincerely hope the dog goes on to live a long and happy life with his owner doing the job he is good at.

If you also look at the video, you will see once that dog latched on to the Lab, it did not rip or shake the dog, my guess is any damage to the Lab, will have been the result of the owner of the attacker trying to free his dog off the Lab...
First off, I think you must be watching different CCTV to me, as the one I watched the dog did shake the guide dog! and how you could tell if the dogs ripped her from that I have no idea!

The article says the dog had deep puncture wounds, that’s sounds serious to me! And just coz it doesn’t get stitched up doesn’t mean anything!

Also, there you go (again!) putting words in mouth!! I said ‘could have left the dog dead’, ive highlighted the important word for you there!

I don’t care what you think about my friends dog tbh, his neck was ripped open and the vet said if his jugular was caught, he would have died! But he was saved, but was extremely close to death! So I don’t care how close to death you think he was, coz he was!! And he also got up to run away, just coz he got up to run doesn’t mean he isn’t seriously ill. I have heard many stories of people and animals, who do that in a situation like that. it’s the only way to get away from what is attacking!

well said! i agree completely!

dont worry, she likes to put words in peoples mouth

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Thats funny! Perhaps it was the way the dog got up and ran off?
ok, so a dog who is seriously injured can never get up and run? sorry, totally disagree with that! i have heard many stories which show they can and do!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 06:42 PM
and the guy knew that? he saw into the future, knew the dog would be ok and be back working. ah, ok he was right for leaving the dog!!! NO HE WASNT!! !
Im glad he removed his dog from the area, that doesnt mean I think what he did was ok, it was not, he could have reported the incident as soon as he had taken his dog out of the situation.

but... I dont think for one moment he could have controled that dog anywhere near the guide dog after the fight, so any effort to help at that point would have likely resulted in another fight.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Im glad he removed his dog from the area, that doesnt mean I think what he did was ok, it was not, he could have reported the incident as soon as he had taken his dog out of the situation.

but... I dont think for one moment he could have controled that dog anywhere near the guide dog after the fight, so any effort to help at that point would have likely resulted in another fight.
but he could have tied the dog up while he helped her, or he could have stood at a distance and shouted for others to come and help her. but he didnt, he just left her.

he put the guide dog in serious danger, and her blind owner. anything could have happened to her!
Page 11 of 22 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »