Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
... the guide dog
Was it? Im sure I saw it RUN off, hardly left to die, also the dog required NO stitches at all, just a course of anti-biotics and the wounds cleaned. I really dont think that hyping up the injuries and situation will help.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2009, 10:27 AM
it is an offence for them to be out of control, and if a person is injured while they are out of control it is aggravated offence.
Did any person get injured

i hope they do.

can he not get charged for leaving her? i dont know how legally that would stand, but him leaving them there could have left the dog dead and the woman in serious danger without the help of her dog. also, i think leaving the dog to die should be seen as animal cruelty. JMO.
I agree ,if anyone left a dog to die they should be charged with animal cruelty....... but as no dog was left to die in this instance , then how can he be charged!!!!!!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

22-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Was it? Im sure I saw it RUN off, hardly left to die, also the dog required NO stitches at all, just a course of anti-biotics and the wounds cleaned. I really dont think that hyping up the injuries and situation will help.
Not do I, surely the result we would all like to see from this is the owner of the dog come forward to apologise, and pay the vets fees,,,,but when people start witch hunting the owner, he is going to go to ground , and maybe a not so nice outcome for the dog..
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

22-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Pretty Kitty View Post
The dog was dangerously out of control in a public area - this guy has broken the law. His dog needs seizing and PTS imo.

Someone asked a question earlier in this thread as what we we would do in the same situation as this guy. Well, for one, I would have secured my dog and helped the other dog and the blind woman, the next thing I would have done is take my dog to the vet and have it put to sleep. I'm sorry but there is no place in this world for dangerous dogs
So what constitutes a dangerous dog.

The dog that attacks another in the park, two dogs fighting, which is the dangerous one, !!!

Would you PTS all dogs who have the tendency to attack another dog, or just the ones who attack guide dogs.

The trouble is a guide dog or any service dog, is not immune to another dogs aggression, they dont know that dog is a service dog, they see it as a dog .

Lets say for instance, the guide dog was set upon by a JRT/ Collie/Yorkie, take your pick, and the end results are the same, the dog has minor injuries, woudl you be shouting for that small terrier/ type to be put to sleep also.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Dogs can`t be `guilty ` of a crime. They`re animals. Our human desire for revenge leads to ridiculous situations like hanging monkeys or imprisoning goats - or killing dogs because they LOOK like a demonised breed.
Prosecute the owners by all means. We have a right to walk our dogs in peace. But don`t shoot the dog (haven`t I heard that somewhere? )
I do notice we humans very selective about what we want destroyed though. Cars kill. Tanning parlours can kill. Hospitals are extremely dangerous places (do you know the risks of cross infection ).
But dogs are easy targets. And it`s so much easier to kill them than to educate the owners. And cheaper.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
Not any more than usual!!
cheers

just coz the dog runs off doesnt mean s/he isnt in serious danger. my friends dog was attacked a few years ago, he ran away but nearly died from loss of blood and from shock! the other dog had missed his jurgular by millimetres. i hardly think, after that attack, you can say that dogs life wasnt in danger. and i AM NOT hyping up her injuries, it says she had to get rushed to the emergency vets, thats pretty serious to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Did any person get injured

I agree ,if anyone left a dog to die they should be charged with animal cruelty....... but as no dog was left to die in this instance , then how can he be charged!!!!!!!!
i didnt say a person WAS injured, i was merely pointing out that it is an offence to have an out of control dog!! and that the difference between a dog out of control and a dog that injuries someone is that it is an aggravated offence! so its still an offence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and how can you say she wasnt left to die?? after that attack i am surprised she lived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 01:42 PM
(1) If a dog is dangerously out of control in a public place—
(a) the owner; and
(b) if different, the person for the time being in charge of the dog,
is guilty of an offence, or, if the dog while so out of control injures any person, an aggravated offence, under this subsection.
so whether the dog attacks or not, it is still an offence.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 01:51 PM
so whether the dog attacks or not, it is still an offence.
Yep - ain't it a great law
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 02:11 PM
cheers

just coz the dog runs off doesnt mean s/he isnt in serious danger. my friends dog was attacked a few years ago, he ran away but nearly died from loss of blood and from shock! the other dog had missed his jurgular by millimetres. i hardly think, after that attack, you can say that dogs life wasnt in danger. and i AM NOT hyping up her injuries, it says she had to get rushed to the emergency vets, thats pretty serious to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt say a person WAS injured, i was merely pointing out that it is an offence to have an out of control dog!! and that the difference between a dog out of control and a dog that injuries someone is that it is an aggravated offence! so its still an offence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and how can you say she wasnt left to die?? after that attack i am surprised she lived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU said the dog was left to die, it wasnt, period!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 02:16 PM
YOU said the dog was left to die, it wasnt, period!
its not period! how can you judge how serious and close to death the dog was?? at the end of the day, that guy didnt either and to leave her there was sick!!!
Page 10 of 22 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »