Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 03:08 PM

"Pitbull" attacks Guide Dog.

Just saw this in the news. I cannot watch the video myself I find it too upseting.
But here is the story

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ack-beast.html

Lets hope this man is hunted down and found like the man in claireanddaisys post.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Nasty, poor dog. The guy did try to get it off though and it did appear like an accident. No excuse I know, but not a pre meditated attack.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Nasty, poor dog. The guy did try to get it off though and it did appear like an accident. No excuse I know, but not a pre meditated attack.
It was an accident I'm sure, but the way he dived towards the dog when it set off towards the lab shows that he knew it was dog aggressive, therefore he should have had hold of the lead and had it muzzled too. Another nail in the bull breed coffin. Poor lab and owner.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yes. On one hand it sounds like this bloke is a ****** cos this was infront of the blind man and he just left the poor dog and owner while he ran away but this may have been blown up a bit....may not even be a pitbull for all we know!

Just the fact for me that Guide dogs are so gentle and prob did nothing to provoke this attack
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Yes. On one hand it sounds like this bloke is a w****r cos this was infront of the blind man and he just left the poor dog and owner while he ran away but this may have been blown up a bit....may not even be a pitbull for all we know!

Just the fact for me that Guide dogs are so gentle and prob did nothing to provoke this attack
The article did say the dog was a crossbreed. Sad that the tabloids have to put the headline as 'pit bull' when they don't know what kind of dog it was.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Well I think it looks well dodgy.

He walks along dog on the lead and stops and stands in the subway puts the dog into the sit position and stands and waits.
The dog does not look like a pit bull to me but I would bet the guy thinks it is.
He clearly does not know how to handle a dog because his attempts looked pretty futile.

I am so sorry for the poor guide dog and its owner who must have been terrified to hear all the noise and not know what was happening to their dog.

In my opinion it looked staged by the guy.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Totally sick, I cant imagine what the poor blind lady must of been goin through and thinking when it was happening and the poor lab!!!

I thought the dog looked like boxer cross ???
Its idiots like that that give bull breeds a bad name.
He must of known the dog was dog aggresive before hand to go like that.
So why put its lead down even for a second, the moron!!!!

I just hope the lab and lady are okay, I bet this attack has shattered both there confidience.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Sadly other dogs attacking Guide Dogs is not as rare as you would think I even know of a few dogs in training that were doing fine..until they were attacked in harness.
The winner of Guide Dog of the year the year before last was a Guide Dog that was savaged in harness...but still managed to guide his owner home after the attack.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 05:20 PM
I dont think it looks satged...he looks like he has stopped to roll up a cigarette.

I think it was an accident but he should never have let go of the lead, the way he dived at the dog he obviously knew it was dog aggressive.
And i do think he did all he knew to get the dog off..the kicking and punching is all most people like this guy think of as a way to get the dog off.
Personnally id go for the eyes or testicles.

Im not making excuses for him as this was a horrible attack, but i dont think it was planned or encouraged.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 05:32 PM
It was a horrible attack and i just hope the poor lab and its owner can recover from this as it must have been terrifying.

The guy may have tried to get his dog off but he shouldn't have let go of the lead in the first place as by his quick reaction he knew the dog would attack, i walked a dog aggressive staffie cross for 4 years and he was always muzzled and on lead never would i have either removed his muzzle or indeed let go of his lead until we were back in his home.
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »