Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 07:27 AM

last weeks run in with "chavs with bull breeds" & "chavvy kids"

this happened last sat,but cos my home PC blew up havent had timae to put it on at work.

Are you sitting comftably? then i will begin.

I live in cardiff, my street is ok, but there ARE some dodgey close surrounding areas. Just around the corner there are some meduim sized playing fields where i train,because there was rugby on i had to go to a different area of he park,
so im training mavvy doing some HW & 2 Chavvy dads with kids & two O/Hs with buggies started coming toward me, a lovely young stafie cross came up to try to play with Mav.Mav is a git with dogs he dosent know & is very protective of me at any time & 100% more so if im training him,i certainly didnt want him snapping so i just kept hold of his collar, he sat just looking normal but he "felt" tense & i think he def would have had a go, anyway i was doing /training HW so he was on the lead i caried on & the other dog came up which was either a young /fine Am bulldog or white Boxer Cross, that bounced on him, so i stopped afgain & just held him till it bounced off, again it seemed very friendly, at this point id not said anything, not to mav ,the dogs or the people,id just not let Mav play

Anyway then both dogs ran up& statred bouncing all over him, which wound him totaly up & he was growling trying to spin around to snap at them, i put him into a present & kept hold of his head as the last thing i want is him laying into dogs esp bull breeds, anyway the people,esp man who appeared to be in charge of these dogs,hadnt said anything & the man was kind of watching them, they then statred biting at Mavs back,they didnt do damage but his hair was really soggy,& it was escalating FAST,if id let him go & hed snapped at them they would have piled in, his growling was really winding them up this point i swiped their heads with my hand(they backed off) & said to the chap "your dogs are taking chunks out of him" he shrugged & walked off, once they were about 7 paces away his horrid fat chavvy 6/7 yrold son turned around & started shouting either "its only a dog whats so special about your dog anyway" i was tempted........but didnt reply,im not having a row with a 6 yrold, he continued turning & shouting this all he way around the field,none of the adults said a word

Its no wonder some dogs have bad names when owned by these plonkers!!!!!!
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Hope Mav is ok (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) for him, am afraid to say this is what the world is coming snotty little brats who have no manners
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-05-2008, 09:28 AM
I too hope Mav is okay.

Children learn by example and kids like the one above are obviously not being set a good example, bu their parents ,not just about dogs but about life, really worries me and wonder what the world will be like in twenty or thirty years time.

These kids will grow up and be the dog owners of tomorrow and with this sort of upbringing I just wonder what the future holds for the poor dogs. It does not look good.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Hope Mav is ok , Kids today have no respect nor mannors , The parents of them can be as equally rude , If thats an example of the future generation god help us , If I had dared to be rude to anyone when I was growing up my parents would have come down on me like a ton of bricks xxdk
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Hope it hasn't effected Mav, and hes over it now, I bump into a guy with 2 staffies some times, the wee female is very aggresive, the other is just a pup but I wonder whether the pup will learn the same sort of behavior from the other 1, the older bitch has had the boys by the face before, and because Toro is the type she is, I wouldn't want it to break her temper, I'm trying my best with her keeping her social ect, it would just take 1 bad experience for her and I don't think she'd be very happy around strange dogs.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks everyone!!!!! hes fine, hes basically a grumpy little s**t at times.but it was still scary & frustrating.

do bull breeds ever try to iniate play by grabbing dogs backs? its not a play behaviour id seen before & it seemed "wrong" to me,although i hadnt been worried about the temperment of the dogs up till then,it was like when they were together they went very "packy" egging each other on.although if it was play it was wayyyyyyy to ruff for Mav.

i dont really like cardiff.......i wanna go home

thanks everyone for your support
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Aww Mish, I can tell this has really upset you, I would have been a bit scared. I hate these chavvy types, they are very intimidating.
I hope you and Mav get over it soon and that you don't see these people again.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Aww hun, we have idiots like that around here as well and its soooo annoying/frustrating and upsetting. We have a park just opposite that we dont go to anymore, last time I was there I was training Indy and she got jumped all over by an out of control dog, like you I had hold of her collar and in the end had to wave my hand at the other dog - then got a torrent of abuse about not hitting their dog we go to a park a little further away now where there are less idiots!

Big hugs for the gorgeous Mav, and I dont blame him getting ratty at them! I'd get ratty if someone was in my face like that! and hugs for you to as its never a nice experience xx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post

do bull breeds ever try to iniate play by grabbing dogs backs? its not a play behaviour id seen before & it seemed "wrong" to me,although i hadnt been worried about the temperment of the dogs up till then,it was like when they were together they went very "packy" egging each other on.although if it was play it was wayyyyyyy to ruff for Mav.

thanks everyone for your support
Diesel my staffy does initiate play by sort of prodding with his nose against the others sides and backs. He will walk up to one of them sitting there minding their own business and give an almighty shove with his nose. My lot are used to him and treat it at as normal but I found it a bit odd to begin with. Also he does a few other odd things, he was playing with another staffy and just jumped on his back so that he straddled him, not in a humping manner. They can also play very rough and make noises that would terrify some owners of other breeds. They can also be very intent on what they're doing. He was playing with a N.I puppy of about 6months and she was scared of everything and kept making little squeeking noises which aroused his curiosity, and the more intent he became the louder she got and the louder she got the more intent he became etc. I had to walk away with him in the end. Needless to say if you're not used to it, it can be very worrying. I can get him to back off whatever he is doing but have had to work hard at it.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2008, 02:03 PM
arrrgggghhhhh it should be illegal to let these idiots reproduce!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >