Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

03-07-2006, 04:47 PM

Saying Goodbye to Dogweb!

As many of you will know, we recently decided to go Worldwide! (Yay!) So I thought it would be a great time to move on to the next level with a bold step I've been considering for a while - a change of our name Many of you will naturally be fond of our current name (as am I) however, going back a few years when I signed it up, I didn't really sit down and plan the whole thing. I just thought of a handful of names, picked out my fave (an unimaginative combination of two words ) and as it was available as a .co.uk domain name, I registered it!

This time round we've had a good think about not just the name, but the site as a whole - where we are now, where we want to be and what we represent

I think one of the main things that has made us stand out is that we've never been afraid to be quite bold and adventurous, in what we aim for and in our approach, particularly in the cultural aspect seen in our community areas. Many people spend a fair old amount of their day/freetime on the site, and have said that it's almost like popping round to their friend's house and not wanting to leave because they're having such a great time. I've heard many of you say you love Dogweb, (not just 'like', but 'love'! Awwww ) With this in mind I wanted an informal name which would better reflect the idea of the site having 'personality'.. just like its members! I also wanted something that was unique, memorable, and, er, 'different' different (just cos that's what we're like :smt101 ).

Well all will be revealed soon, but I just wanted to prepare you beforehand because I know that it will be strange saying goodbye to the old name. It's absolutely inevitable that it will sound/feel strange to begin with, and you'll miss the old one. That's completely natural with any change (whether it's a logo, a name, whatever) and it always takes a while to get used to it. Trust me, the new name will grow on you, and in time you'll see why it was a great choice - we'll have a unique name... for a unique site (with unique members).

See you soon

Azz
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 04:52 PM
You could soften the blow by telling us the new name Not keeping us in suspense again
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-07-2006, 04:57 PM
ok azz i'll be the 1st.......
what's the new name?????
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Thought you were leaving Azz, then thought maybe DogWeb was going for some reason. Thank goodness it isn't either of those things. My heart stopped for a second when I read goodby Dogweb.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Blimey, I had a panic attack too when I first saw this!!! Phew! Just a name change then, that's ok, I will sleep tonight now
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Crikey - that was a worry! Doesn't matter what it's called, I'll still love it But do we still get to keep the cool littel doggy-pictures at the top of the page?
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Panic attack here too - Thought my lifeline to the outside world was going - Gosh - So what's it gonna be??
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Looking forward to hearing what the new name will be
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Good God Azz..you know how to give a girl palutations!!!!!! Glad to hear that you're not leaving or anything like that. But, go on give us a clue...a tiny weeny clue, please, pretty please ????
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 08:28 PM
My thoughts exactly - nearly went into major panic then! This place has become my web home, sooooo glad it's staying!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >