View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 01:02 PM
Hope you get the tyre sorted sue. I like sprouts but not cooked...same with cauliflower, love it raw but not keen cooked
I am hoping town will be quite quiet today...I say hope, in reality I know it will be rammed lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 01:48 PM
Been out again with Gert back to get ready now just had a quick coffee and off into the fray of the getting sorted while having the coffee wrote my remaining Christmas cards for neighbours and work (well think they are all done someone always forgotten) but out of cards for the moment.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 01:48 PM
Never tried and never will try raw sprouts or cauliflower.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 02:01 PM
Sue do you cook or just blanch before freezing? I have been onto the hospital this morning and waiting for a phone back from a doctor. The nurse said he is still confused and has a uti still, so I have said until they sort that no way must he come home as he probably will go walk about again or fall down the stairs with his arm that is in plaster. My hubby not the doctor. bg!! Off to put my feet up as have been chasing the post office for a parcel that seems to have got lost. Always something to make life not run smoothly.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Brenda not prying but asking have you got power of attorney or something along these lines. Lasting Power of Attorneys for Health and Welfare. My Aunt had similar issues with my Uncle and she after took him home he fell and broke his hip which then caused further issues. So stand your ground. Unsafe discharge is a somewhat "key/magic word" when played I used it in regard to my Aunt and everyone backed up. Is there an underlying reason for the UTI's?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 02:19 PM
Griff not ignoring your post just unable to think of anything to say that seems meaningful enough. So will just say *Hugs*
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 02:32 PM
Right will give you my dilemma and let you see what you all make of it while I am out and about this afternoon/evening.

Have an Ex "D" as I will call him. We broke up amicably and we get on well since then did before as a good friend. Anyhow he lived at home and like a couple on here I think struggles with a "woe is me life" he is never happy unless grumbling. LOL

His Mom died very quickly following an illness in 2014 and that broke his heart he stayed with his Dad and they rumbled on together then his Dad in 2017 was given a terminal diagnosis and "D" left his job to care for him but his Dad passed away that following week. "D" did not return to work thinking he would restart after the funeral etc, the house was sold as per the will and split 3 ways; his sister is a single parent (widow) for the last 17 years with two lads also struggled with money so needed the share.
His brother also took his share to help enable his wife to work part time as she struggles with rheumatoid arthritis. They are all in their 50's now he is the youngest at 57 now.

His only option was to buy a narrow boat to live on which he did then trouble hit he had a massive heart attack in Dec 2017 he had a triple bypass as unable to do a quadruple one due to damage. His health is deteriorating and not sure the boat is the best place, however he is stubborn and steadfast. He is struggling for money as all savings gone now and living on a private pension. He cannot work due to his health and my dilemma is this.

I have a spare two bedrooms do I as a good friend offer him a room and board so he has heat/four walls/company in case he is not well. This is my dilemma I feel I should be I like my own space and not sure I am wanting to share but feel I should do more. His sister lives in a two bedroom flat and her youngest son is still at home his brother lives with his wife and their two youngest are still at home so no room at those inns.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 02:34 PM
All opinions and thoughts welcome.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Brenda, good for you!!! Stand your ground...last thing you want is for him to have a worse accident and certainly not at home
Kazz, I didn't think you were ignoring me and thank you for the hugs, there's not anything anyone can say...I just have to hope the appointment comes quickly as I am in a bit of pain
Hmmmm as for your dilemma...I think it's a lovely thing of you to think of him but as you say, if you are happy with your own space then maybe another solution could be found... would he not be entitled to a room in a sheltered accomodation ( I know he is young) due to his health problems and the fact that his living environment is probably far from ideal.
If you wanted to try things out...what are your plans for Christmas?? If you are going to be out and about, could you maybe ask him to come and stay Christmas and New year and use the ruse that you don't really want to leave the house empty for extended periods and if Gert is unable to come he can let her out to the toilet etc. If you word it like he is doing you a favour he may well accept the offer and if things go o.k, maybe you could put the idea to him and try a months trial or something?? To be honest Kazz, there's no right or wrong thing and I think it's really really nice of you to think if him. There ya go, my two penneth worth!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2019, 04:11 PM
Good evening all.

Went to town this morning and had a nice morning out. Met up with friends at McDs and we put the Word to rights over coffee.

Called at Tesco for a few bits on the way back. How come I managed to spend £70 on a few bits?

Got back to our village and it was white over. I'm told it was a very heavy hail stone shower. Roads, pavements, gardens all covered over. Winter is most definitely upon us.

Kazz, be selfish and have some time without the burden of caring for others. You've had years of it and have only just found some freedom. Help him by making sure he has all the benefits he is entitled to and that Adult Social Care is aware of his situation. You never know, they may be able to get him more suitable accommodation.

Brenda, stick to your guns. Hospitals want to free up beds far too quickly these days and it's dangerous both for the patient and the one at home who has to care for them.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >