View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Definitely call doctor for advice. Don't be in too much of a hurry to take immodium - whatever this is, it seems pretty determined to get out of his body. He should sip water occasionally - not constantly, his stomach needs a rest. Try him with warm water, it may be easier on his tum than cold.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 08:38 PM
thanks for the advice guys...

have been to see pharmacist at asda - as soon as i mention sickness and diarrhoea the parmacist came straight out to me...

apparently immodium is not recommended as it will keep the bug in longer

they have advised i sleep in the spare room and not to touch him as it V contagious...
give him either ginger ale, lemonade or lucozade so he has lucozade and also dioralytes to replace the salts and sugars once he has stopped being sick...

and geerally to keep washing his hands use different towels and to stay away from me!

(oh and i got some ben and jerry's whilst i was there!!)
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
thanks for the advice guys...

have been to see pharmacist at asda - as soon as i mention sickness and diarrhoea the parmacist came straight out to me...

apparently immodium is not recommended as it will keep the bug in longer

they have advised i sleep in the spare room and not to touch him as it V contagious...
give him either ginger ale, lemonade or lucozade so he has lucozade and also dioralytes to replace the salts and sugars once he has stopped being sick...

and geerally to keep washing his hands use different towels and to stay away from me!

(oh and i got some ben and jerry's whilst i was there!!)
Brill advice from the pharmacy, of course!
We have been warned how to deal with this (novovirus) or acute D&V's.
Hygiene is vital if you go near him, so yes, pkenty of through washing and drying of hands, etc.

We have no choice but to visit our oldies wheatever they have so we have been so happy only one has had anything like this....... and I was one of the ones who had to deal with it ugh!
Luckily we always wear gloves, aprons and use hand gel.

I bet he feels absolutely rotten!

P.S I had to laugh at you getting some B&J's, see everything has a positive side lol
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Brill advice from the pharmacy, of course!
We have been warned how to deal with this (novovirus) or acute D&V's.
Hygiene is vital if you go near him, so yes, pkenty of through washing and drying of hands, etc.

We have no choice but to visit our oldies wheatever they have so we have been so happy only one has had anything like this....... and I was one of the ones who had to deal with it ugh!
Luckily we always wear gloves, aprons and use hand gel.

I bet he feels absolutely rotten!

P.S I had to laugh at you getting some B&J's, see everything has a positive side lol
i hate seeing him like this...in the 41/2 yrs we have been togetherr i have never seen him this bad - flu once or twice but not this....

i feel awful for him....ijust wanna cuddle him andmake it go away...

ah well...

my ice cream is melting!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 08:54 PM
i feel awful for him....ijust wanna cuddle him andmake it go away...
Nooooooo, don't cuddle him!
Think what you're doing!

You'll have to put the tub down

Aren't we awful? Poor man.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Awww.....bless him. You need that Ben and Jerrys to keep your strength up if you have to look after him
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Nooooooo, don't cuddle him!
Think what you're doing!

You'll have to put the tub down

Aren't we awful? Poor man.
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Awww.....bless him. You need that Ben and Jerrys to keep your strength up if you have to look after him
i always knew i could count on you guys for support!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 10:36 PM
i always knew i could count on you guys for support!

Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Definitely call doctor for advice. Don't be in too much of a hurry to take immodium - whatever this is, it seems pretty determined to get out of his body. He should sip water occasionally - not constantly, his stomach needs a rest. Try him with warm water, it may be easier on his tum than cold.
This is the best advice really, taking oral medications won't help a jot if your OH is vomiting every 5 minutes! Norovirus can dehydrate people very, very quickly, so taking sips of water regularly is the best course of action until the vomiting subsides. If he continues to vomit for over 24 hours, I'd get him to A+E so they can put him NBM and attach an IVI. Hopefully it won't come to that though!

Norovirus is nasty and can become airborne through vomiting, so be aware that even if you're not sharing utensils, towels etc that you still may contract it.

For less severe forms of Gastroenteritis I'd recommend Kaolin and Morphine. It's great for stopping diarrhoea in it's tracks!

Hope your OH is better soon!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Oh god, I know there is a nasty bug going around, we've had it on the news even !! I hope he's feeling better soon, it's an awful thing to have

And I agree with the others, on a more serious note, you will defo need some B & J to keep up your strength
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >