View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 12:03 PM

A little update on Zeke's cancer and new baby! PHOTOS!

ZEKE HAS BEEN IN REMISSION FOR JUST OVER A YEAR NOW!!!! from Lymphoma, since his chemotheraphy treatment ended December 2010

We were told his life expectancy after the treatment would be 6-12 months, pffffft! Pee'd on that he has! We are so proud of him. To think he wouldn't make our May wedding last year, to think he wouldn't make our summer holiday to the Cairngorms then to think he wouldn't make Christmas! The next one is our special anniversary holiday to Scotland this coming May

He's not struggling, he's not ill, he's not sad, he isn't on a single medication, he has his 2 walks a day, his 2 meals, his brushes, fusses and his playtimes with Keisha!

Our little new addition Rowan is doing well too He's beautiful, such an easy baby. He's 6 weeks old today! After a readmission for me to hospital (without my baby for 3 days) due to complications of labour and needing some more surgery and blood I'm getting there now too But unfortunately this meant we missed out on hubby's relocation to Scotland and a move this time round

Some photo's...

Keisha and Rowan birdwatching, he LOVES 'watching the trees' guaranteed to stop him crying everytime!

Our first Christmas

Isn't he cute! 4 weeks old here

5 weeks, bear slippers and a Zeke bear paw in the photo!

With Zeke. 4 of us can fit on the settee

And a biggie..............

My first dog walk in 8 weeks!!!! Such a long recovery My hubby has been a star and the dogs haven't missed a single walk

He's just started his training class baby sensory and he was very good, it's very cute LOL! He's just starting to smile, and what makes him smile on cue? When you shout 'ZEEEEEKE!' Isn't that lovely!

p.s what's next in the 'Allison's' household? Once I'm back at work (got a year off!) I'm going to save my pennies, and buy myself a horse I sold my last pony when I was 18 and went off to uni and I think now is the right time of my life to get back into it, wooohooo!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I am so pleased for you!! What an amazing year, a healthy Zeke and the most adorable little man ever! Every time I hear that someone has kicked cancer, be they animal or human, it makes me smile xxxxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Lucie, thanks for posting such a wonderful thread Zeke has done exceptionally well and I am loving all of those photos. Was the monkey for Rowan or for the dogs?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Sounds like things are going great!
I'm so pleased for you and Zeke!
Rowan is gorgeous!!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Thank you Lilypup xxxxxxxxxxxx

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Lucie, thanks for posting such a wonderful thread Zeke has done exceptionally well and I am loving all of those photos. Was the monkey for Rowan or for the dogs?
Thank you xxx The monkey was for Rowan, he has about 20+! and that's not including the monkey books, clothes etc! He was so spoilt at Christmas - not by us, we didn't buy him a single thing, haha!

He has a monkey obsession monkey tiebacks, monkey wall, monkey shelf, monkey everything!

Since this photo that alcove has shelves in it and monkeys galore!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Sounds like things are going great!
I'm so pleased for you and Zeke!
Rowan is gorgeous!!
Thank you xxxxx we have been truly blessed xx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 12:28 PM
I love that room, that is amazing!
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 12:31 PM
It's lovely to hear of such a successful year.

You have such a little handsome chap there lay on the bean bag!! It's great to see him doing so well.

It's brilliant that Zeke is keeping so well.

All good news in your household x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2012, 12:37 PM
It is lovely to hear Zeke is doing so well now and yourself after a readmission. Rowan is a lovely baby you must be so proud of all your family.

Enjoy the year off.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks guys xxx We had an awful year previous, and despite telling myself that things happen for a reason I wasn't holding out much hope for the following year but how things can turn around..

So all those who had a crappy 2011, 2012 is going to be YOUR year!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >