Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 04:24 PM

Sports injury - a tough one

Hi guys

Not sure if anyone will be able to answer this one but thought it was worth trying.

My left foot feels like there is something loose inside of it - everytime I walk or move it something feels loose - like a tendon - it doesn't hurt but it's just really annoying - noticed that the left foot looks slightly swollen.

Only happened in the last few days but the jiggling is not going away.

Any thoughts on what it could be? it's where the purple circle is.

Thanks
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey you!

Do you have a kind of nervy, sharp feeling in the foot rather than sore sensation when you place your foot down? Is it between the 3rd and 4th toe from the big toe and kind of slightly up from the toe?

I have this and it is a Morton's Neuroma. It is an enlarged nerve. I've had this for a couple of years and although it is operable, I have discovered that this does not always solve the problem.
http://www.podiatrychannel.com/mortonneuroma/
http://www.foot.com/info/cond_mortons_neuroma.jsp
http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/...ay/mollica.htm

You can feel it if you put your foot down, press in that area etc.

Is this it, do you think?

Alternatively, could it be a March fracture,which is a stress fracture in the bones of the foot?
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 06:35 AM
Thanks Lucky Star for all the info - but I don't have any of those pains but sorry that you do!! Sounds incredibly unpleasant.

We elevated my foot last night because it was so swollen and put icepack on it, the swelling seems to have gone down overnight but have woken up feeling nauseous and having a mssive headache - I think my in laws were concerned it could have been a blot clot or infection.

So I am going to head to the doctors this morning to have a chat and hope that they will be able to help, although I don't have much faith in our local doctors, the words 'I don't know' crop up in their sentences way too much

Thanks xi
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 10:26 AM
Sounds nasty. Hope you get some joy at the docs. Know what you mean - mine is pretty useless.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 10:27 AM
HI LS

Just got back from doctors and I have tendonitus - which is a relief, because I now just need to take it easy

What a relief!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 12:04 PM
That's good news!
xxx