Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2005, 12:51 PM

breed again ?

just out of interest .. i want to know what members think of breeding a 2nd litter from millie...in probably the next year (season after next ) we have just had a litter (well 1 gorgeous pup) 5 days ago... i notifed the stud owner who suggested another mating .. i asked the vet and he said athough millie had had a singleton this time he couldnt forsee any reason not to go ahead and mate again with her in the future... it seems to be personal choice ...any advice would be great

thanks
julie
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2005, 01:10 PM
IMHO if I was you I wouldnt but its your choice.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi MM, hope sky and millie are doing well

Its compleatly up to you if you decide to breed her again I personally cant see a problem
Keep us posted on mum and baby's progress
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2005, 01:45 PM
There is absolutely no reason that I can see not to breed from your bitch again. I would only say don't if the bitch had suffered from problems during the whelping, uterine inertia, c-section or some such,or, if the bitch proved to be a poor Mother and only time will tell on that score. A healthy bitch, who is a good Mother and produces good quality pups can happily have 3 litters. I personally leave 2 season between matings but one is quite acceptable. Bear in mind though that there has to be 12 months between the dates of the whelpings in order for you to register the second litter with the K.C. My bitch Millie comes into season every 5 months so even leaving one season clear I would still be unable to register if I mated her again.
Good luck with the pup you have, I bet he'll be a big chublet being a singleton pup
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 01:58 PM
It has to be your choice entirely. If you can go through the stresses and worries of late all over again, then go for it - just remind me to leave the country .......... (only joking)

And although this pup was stuck and needed assistance to be born, she was born naturally without a c-section, so at least you know Millie can deliver naturally.

If it was me, I think I would try one more time!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 02:36 PM
hi milliesmum, if there was no problems during pregnany, birth and after birth, then if thats what you want, then go for it! But like you said i would wait till after she has another season, then breed her on here next season!!

good luck with the beautiful millie!! with wat ever you do, give sky a big kiss!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
It has to be your choice entirely. If you can go through the stresses and worries of late all over again, then go for it - just remind me to leave the country .......... (only joking)
And although this pup was stuck and needed assistance to be born, she was born naturally without a c-section, so at least you know Millie can deliver naturally.
If it was me, I think I would try one more time!
lol @ CC ,
I agree.. only next time put the whelping box in one quiet place and leave it there. (By quiet I don't mean noise but passing people/children)
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2005, 06:18 PM
thanks everyone... yes millie had a really trouble free preganancy and like cc has said sky was stuck and the vet delievered her normally , the vet has said he thought sky was stuck cos she was a large singleton , millie started in labour (panting and shivering etc) at 7.30 am day 59 and delieved sky at 4.30 pm same day (monday 16th may) and didnt make has much as a squeak ! all very calm and serene (i on the other hand was having kittens!) im still unsure has to what to do , but i have plenty of time to make my mind up.

mini ,
millie and sky are both now very settled in the noiseiest place in the house (under kitchen table).!!!!. but they both dont seem to mind! so thats where they are staying (promise)