Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 02:00 PM

hungry all the time?

hello again,lol.
ive never had a dog that was so keen on her food! indie barely eats and scruffy isnt all that interested either. but Sash! well, shes another story. she inhales her food down at every meal and during the day shes whining to go downstairs again, if i shut the kitchen door she just goes back upstairs so its not like she wants to go out to the toilet. If you try get her out of the kitchen when shes finished she grinds her feet into the foor and wont budge , even if theres no food left anywhere!
is this normal?
she was wormed like 2 weeks ago.
im feeding her the right amount according to the feeding guidelines and shes being fed on burns
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Wow she holds on to the floor ?

How old is she ?

She may just be a monster lol loves her food
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 02:04 PM
well, she pulls back all her weight so i cant move her from the kitchen! she would eat all day if i let her! i jus find it really weird
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

22-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Jack is like that it is his fav past time - eating - he makes it his life mission to try and get to the cat food at every opportunity he can - he also eats his food then eats whatever Barney leaves - he dosen't wolf his food down though he takes his time - savours the flavour
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 02:09 PM
lol emm.
well she always seems hungry, when shes finished, which is b4 the other 2 have even started, they stand there thinking about it, she looks at me for more! i dont give in tho cos otherwise shed be a pot bellied pig,lol. i dont even let her finish off anyone elses
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

22-05-2005, 02:14 PM
yeh you're right Jack needs to lose a little weight because of it - but he is an absolute nightmare he can find food anywhere - I need to be a bit more strict on the finishing off Barneys food
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-05-2005, 02:19 PM
As she has been wormed recently,would suggest taking her to vet and having her thyroid checked.Abe had an underactive thyroid gland which made him lethargic and gained weight very easily-tablets have worked wonders on him and brought his weight down with a lot more energy.Overactive makes them continually hungry,always on the go and slimmer than they should be.

Tablets can control it and if her thyroid is at fault-she will need to be on them for rest of her life.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Finn is like that Jenny he would eat 24hrs a day if he could. He even sits and licks the bag of food

How many meals a day does Sash get?
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Must be the name! My Sash is just like that as well!!!