Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2019, 06:13 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 20th July 2019

Good morning everyone, Sorry you slipped backwards Harvey hope you are feeling better now and everyone else is feeling ok and their four legged friends too.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God Bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2019, 06:55 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Typically raining here as the market is on. Bet it is rained off. Have a good day everyone with whatever you decide to do.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2019, 07:25 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Hope Dave is feeling better Chris

Also hope Dillon is ok Lynn and just drinking too much and nothing more

My didn't it rain in the night - woke me up. It had stopped when I got up so thought a walk was in order but no not far in it started so headed home just as the heavens opened. So one soggy human and dog

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2019, 08:51 AM
Hello all.

Been up since 6.30 nice to be back into a working routine.

Think I am starting to feel "lighter" within my self, the overwhelming worry of "looking after worrying is lessening every day" never did go for counselling just gardened harder.

Although surprisingly to me my brother has gone to a
councillor since I mentioned it. We knew he was struggling but what can you do more than we did. If I had realised he had been so in need as his wife now says I would of dragged him somewhere. He is still not really talking but each to their own, although he talks to my brother in law I think he does not want to upset my sister and I.

Any how already defrosted the freezer already and had a sort out. Not too bad at all. Washing on the line and watching the weather breeze lovely rain threatening. Cleaned the car including the back seat where Gert reigns supreme changed covers etc.

Also ordered a new chair for myself.

My sister and brother in law married 30 years this Tuesday off out for a meal Wednesday. Only seems like minutes ago we were getting ready for the wedding and Dad fussing over his speech, Mom over a poorly done perm and how to sort it. I think these family events cause him some worry/concern over not having Mom there was bad enough with Dad but he still had Mom. Oh well can't stop the parties.....they would not want us too.....life goes on even with gaps.

Sue so you are in the words of the R White lemonade advert "a secret night dog walker"

Moyra How are you still doing meals for Steve and moving towards a partnership in the house.

Brenda Hope your market is not cancelled, have a lovely day.

Chris Hope Dave feels a bit better today I suspect by you will from now on be full on with school holidays.

Lynn Stop worrying (hard I know) and enjoy your holiday. Bet Dillon does. Is it by the sea or countryside based?

Griff How is everything your end?

Nippy Hope you get better weather today don't think its the end of Summer merely a tea break

To everyone have a good day see You all later off out with Gert
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2019, 09:49 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, Sue, Kazz and all who follow.

Sunny on and off after rain all day yesterday and through the night. Think its preparing us for this heatwave that's coming next week.
Longer walk with Dillon today he wanted to road walk bit of nail scraping but not as much and no stumbling few lie downs but we don't mind that.

Harvey hope you are beginning to feel better.
griff hope you are doing ok to.
Chris sorry to hear Dave was unwell hope he feels better soon. As for Social workers well as said before it's like trying to get blood from a stone to get anything done.
Sue enjoy your day.
brenda hope the rain stops so you can get to the market.
Kazz glad you are feeling lighter about things. I'm like you would rather find something to do than go to counsellors I tend to work my own way through things. Think they are good if you are the sort of person that needs them though.
Hope it has helped your brother and he starts to feel lighter like yourself.
Will always worry about Dillon especially now he is now gaining in years. he is doing ok though and I don't let it be a constant worry we do the absolute best for him and will continue to do so.
We are looking forward to the holiday and I am sure Dillon will love it. He loves meeting people and children.
He really is a good ambassador for is breed.

I forgot to mention we met the blind guy and his carer/relative the other day he has a black lab working dog but they take him over the park for a good run around and play he wears a bell, he is an absolutely lovely boy.
The blind and deaf chap wanted to meet Dillo again. He was fussing him and Dillon moved right on sat down leaned right in against him as if he knew the chap had disabilities. He lets people fuss him but you are very lucky when he does this it means he really connects and empathises.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2019, 01:56 PM
Afternoon all
How sweet of Dillon to realise that the man has difficulties
Brenda.. hope the market isn't rained off
Sue, I was awake at5 am and it pelted down
Kazz, I am pleased your brother is getting help. I can't say much on an open forum about here, Lynn and Brenda know what's going on
Walked the dogs and I got caught in a shower
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2019, 03:57 PM
Just got back from walking Amber, quit nice out there now.

Had quite a thunderstorm this morning, the rain was welcome.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2019, 04:08 PM
Been and bought proper pigeon food, the pigeon man has been in touch again so I asked was that stuff o.k to give it as it looks really big..he said it's fine and it will love it..will make a conscious effort to catch it tomorrow
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2019, 05:54 PM
Kit, Will the pigeon man adopt the new pigeon or will he be able to identify its owner. I assume it is a racing pigeon! We have lots of doves and pigeons invade our garden they are after the seed we put out for all birds, that's nuts and sunflower seeds and other varieties as well as robins love the mealworm.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2019, 06:27 PM
Yeah, it's a racer Moyra, I have read part of its ring, it's only a baby born this year, I can find the owner myself...I read the ring number, then on his wing he should have the owners phone number stamped on him, call the person, give the ring number, they will hopefully come fetch him...if not he can just stay here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >