View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-05-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi Shadowboxer, I was asking because, Star had enteritis in January, it lasted a fortnight and she lost a lot of weight. She was diagnosed with a murmur (grade 3) after this. She was graded by the cardiologist a month later he graded her a grade 2 but he feels a lot of her murmur is due to her being completely stressed and and her heart racing and her phobia about vets
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

07-05-2004, 07:32 AM
I am not a vet, but it would not surprise me at all if her elevated stress level was a major contributor to the murmur readings.

Would a house call be possible if she needs another reading? I doubt a cardiologist would do this but your vet might and she could well be calmer in her own environment.
Carole
Supervisor

07-05-2004, 07:54 AM
Hi Shadowboxer, thats what the cardiologist said. All I can hear with a stethoscope is a normal heartbeat when she is at home, so it cant be that bad if I cant hear anything.

I dont think the vet would come to the house unless it was an emergency and you would pay though the nose for a house call
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

07-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Carole

Apart from giving her any prescribed medication what I would try to do in your position is forget about it.

I was worried when it looked as though Hannah might have a heart problem but I resolved that, if that was the case, she would have the best of care, but also be allowed to lead the most normal life possible. I see no point in wrapping them up with cotton wool and deliberately stifling that exuberance and that unique effervescent love of life. My philosophy was " if she drops dead in the middle of a joyous game - well, heartbreaking as it would be for me, that's not a bad way for her to go".
Carole
Supervisor

07-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Exactly, Shadowboxer thats how I think, let her enjoy life, everyone I have spoken to, vets, breeders, cardiologists say its not serious enough to cause any problems and will not affect her life at all, she exercises well,( yesterday 1 hour off lead, and then another 1 tearing about the house) does not tire easily and is healthy. What more can you ask for

Forgot to add, no medication was prescribed
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Hi sorry haven't been around for a while but Sonny has been for his heart examination at the vet school. He has been graded a 5 so is isn't great but so far he doesn't need any medication but he has to go every 6 months cause it could get worse it only stops progressing after he is 2yrs old. So fingers crossed everyone and sorry I have been away I have just been so busy and my computer is still not working properly.

Missed you all

Love sam and sonny
Bon
Almost a Veteran

09-06-2004, 10:53 PM
My fingers and toes are crossed. Give Sonny my love.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

09-06-2004, 11:08 PM
We hope everything goes well Sam. We have missed you and hope your computer gets sorted soon! Give our love to Sonny too
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2004, 06:52 AM
Our Bullmastiff had a heart murmer when she was about 2 years old... i remember crying my eyes out, as i thought that was it... no tests were done as we were told it was only mild.

She went on without having any problems, it was a tumor in her brain that eventually killed her.

I hope its all ok... with Sonny
Carole
Supervisor

10-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Hi Sam, give our love to Sonny
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >