Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Filter2682
New Member!
Female 

23-08-2016, 03:46 AM

Any ideas what this bump might be?

Hi! I will try and keep this short. My dog had a lump, and it was too flat to aspirate, so two weeks ago she had it removed. It came back grade 2 mast cell tumor. The vet seemed to be fairly reassuring about her life expectancy. He took the whole thing out and it was on her left shoulder blade area, and he said this was a good area. So about a week ago, after getting her home, I noticed two very small hard bumps on her front left leg. She had a couple of bug bites on her belly, and these leg bumps had scabs. One is since gone, and the other (pictured) is still there. It's not very pink anymore, but as far as size it was so small to start with I can't tell if it's gone down. It hasn't gotten bigger. I am now freaking out that it's not a bite and is another tumor. I know the vet is the only way to know for sure, but kind of looking for a little peace of mind. Im going to panic over every lump/bump from now on. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Also, side note, the bump is right above where they shaved her leg for the IV. I cut the hair around the lump to get a better look at it, so that's why there's a bald-ish spot where I'm holding it.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160822_214827.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	5184   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160822_214707.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	5185  
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2016, 02:38 PM
look like and allergic to me, so sorry about what happen to your dog.
About this situation ask your vet about this he already knew this kind of infection or allergies, but if you're vet said that it was an allergies I will recommend the best dog food for dogs with allergies this article has a lot of information about allergies, that was a good source of information for me. My friend told me about this site when I have a serious problem about my dog and this article helps me a lot of information and I'm sure it will help you too. But before you make a move, ask your vet first and if you really sure about those kind of symptoms in your dog, then you can search some helpful information there. I pray for you hope your dog will be okay soon.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Tbh I can't see anything but if you're worried the best person to talk to is your vet. Hopefully it's nothing to be concerned about.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2016, 04:36 PM
After having a mast cell tumour removed it is best to have your vet check any new lumps and bumps as MCTs have varied appearances so worth ruling them out.
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2016, 11:06 AM
I'd ask the vet, I too would not be paranoid about any lumps of bumps. Wishing your dog well.