View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
roxie&lenny
New Member!
Female 

18-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks guys. She has a vet appointment at the end of the week. Her sores arent bleeding, they just look a bit red and tender, she is wearing one of those daft looking cone/collars at the moment
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2011, 07:33 PM
I prefer to use either Hypericum and Calendula Cream or Aloe Vera Gel on sore bits or even Propolis cream.
Bustaboo
New Member!
Female 

14-08-2016, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
E45 is just a moisturiser, not the sort of thing to put on a sore!

If her feet are that itchy you would be better to see your vet to get something to alleviate the irritatiOn. In meantime until you get to a vet you could bathe the foot in a tepid saline solution twice a day (salt & water). Let the foot dry naturally & distract her from licking the area
Errm No your wrong E45 is for skin allergies, irritated sore red and dry skin types and is prescribed for eczema, psoriasis and many other bad skin conditions....
I think you may be thinking about E45 the moisturising cream not actual E45 it's self lol
And you said it so stern and confidently lol
Seacrow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2016, 10:20 PM
I don't use E45 for my psoriasis any longer, so can't read the packet info., but it's formulated for humans, and humans have a different skin pH to dogs. I doubt it'll do any harm, but you'd probably do more good just wiping down with saline solution (salty water, I was told a teaspoon per pint, but that was many years ago).
My Papillon Sky is also allergic to dust mites, and the vet has prescribed a shampoo which is working brilliantly, although we do fall back on a piriton tablet if she has a flare up.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2