Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 03:50 PM

Laptop

Which laptop shhould I be looking at or should I look for a desk top we need (desperately a 2nd PC) I mean sometimes I have to miss a few minutes of dogweb due to OH being so slow at logging off
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
Which laptop shhould I be looking at or should I look for a desk top we need (desperately a 2nd PC) I mean sometimes I have to miss a few minutes of dogweb due to OH being so slow at logging off
i build a lot of PC for other people and i have just bought the new acer laptop 64 bit it can do very much the same as my big pc have a good look around before you buy ther are somany good offers today
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

25-06-2005, 05:15 PM
I'd only really recommend a laptop if you needed that mobility. You can't really upgrade them easily and they can be expensive. I think you get more for your money with a desktop and they are also a lot cheaper to repair should they ever go wrong.

I'd get a desktop
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
I'd only really recommend a laptop if you needed that mobility. You can't really upgrade them easily and they can be expensive. I think you get more for your money with a desktop and they are also a lot cheaper to repair should they ever go wrong.

I'd get a desktop
perfect i think she is thinking of sitting in the garden under the sunshade with a cold drink but good advice agree with you *
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by fredsdoghouse
perfect i think she is thinking of sitting in the garden under the sunshade with a cold drink but good advice agree with you *
That's why I got a laptop
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
That's why I got a laptop
i got both wet days it is inside on the desktop
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2005, 07:10 PM
if your looking just for a second 1 for OH lol then why dont you get 1 made. go to your local PC shop and ask them how much to build me 1.
my PC crached last month and the OH kicked it to death as he really need to get on there so i went to the local shop and said i have Ģ120 what can you give me. that was just for the tower but the rest dont cost that much
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 09:31 PM
I use a Toshiba Satellite laptop and is perfect.
Although,i agree with Azz that upgrading them can be expensive and their memory isnt as good as a desktop-it takes up very little space in my lounge and means i can watch TV,smoke etc while browsing!
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2005, 09:35 PM
the new laptops today have 512 -1024 mb ram 60 -80 gb hd donīt really need any upgrade ?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 10:25 AM
I have a Sony Vaio laptop and Sony Vaio desktop, but given the choice of one or the other, I would opt for a desktop computer. BUT saying that, with the weather recently I have been sat outside using the laptop as I have a wireless connection.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >