Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Why should a dog have to suffer a restricted lifestyle because its owner isn't very good at positive training?
in whos eyes?
E collars are very simple to use, much easier that purely positive methods, they are also transferbale from person to person, so the dog obeys all family members not just the one whos done it all.
a good beating works too
The proof that positive doesn't always work is all around you!

Adam
what? the proof is your dogs? pmsl!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Haven't seen the vid but probably same as me, its just better.

Adam
thats not hard lol
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Haven't seen the vid but probably same as me, its just better.

Adam
The bloke is not great. Appart from shocking the dogs for healwork, he distributes a treat for a sit as the dog jumps up!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2010, 06:34 AM
I'm still not getting it Kruse.

However if you lower the value of the reward (desrease excitment) they reappear.

Btw seeing as I'm not getting it why don't you do what a good dog trainer would do and make it easier?

As it is you keep giving the cue and getting the wrong response lol.

Adam
no, its because in each reply, incl above, you keep talking about things that werent related to the point of my post.

i have already followed your suggestion by starting a thread called "comprehending training posts", whereby i explained my point again and easier.

another member understood my point after that re-explanation.
every else said they understood my point in the first place.

i even received rep points for my original point.

so i suggest, like a good dog trainer, you take the cue that has been offered several times, and read that thread and address the actual point made.......lol
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 06:35 AM
And Tassle too!

Because if you lower the excitment (by lowering value of treats) but train excatly the same (rate of reinforment ect) you get stress signals.

Adam
Food treats do not raise excitement or drive they decrease it. Play, Handler "handling" praise/Body language/play, raise the drive.

If you want a steady dog use food, if you want a hypey dog use play. That is why food is so good to teach with, because it makes them think,listen & work it out
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 06:38 AM
I'm still not getting it Kruse.

However if you lower the value of the reward (desrease excitment) they reappear.

Btw seeing as I'm not getting it why don't you do what a good dog trainer would do and make it easier?

As it is you keep giving the cue and getting the wrong response lol.

Adam
NO they dont though. They really really really dont.

HOW exactly are you using food to get this? because if you are getting this whn you use food you are doing it wrong
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by abbie View Post
I have not read this whole thread but how on earth can you suggest that a dog finds being shocked relaxing!!!
Right i need a volunteer.

Adam has voluntered to wear the e collar. now i need someone to eat the Malteasers.

Im going to keep shocking & feeding & find out who is most stressed at the end. Jeeezzzzzz
TangoCharlie
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Food treats do not raise excitement or drive they decrease it. Play, Handler "handling" praise/Body language/play, raise the drive.

If you want a steady dog use food, if you want a hypey dog use play. That is why food is so good to teach with, because it makes them think,listen & work it out
That's not 100% true. By tossing the food away from the dog, at various angles, you can raise a dog's prey drive.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 06:44 AM
But we also can't assume that dogs arn't distressed by reward training and don't find aversive training relaxing!

Adam
Dont need to assume anything.

You can clearly see it in your vids.

You are obvisley in denial, so that you can continue to abuse animals for money.

I dont know exactly if that has a word, but id like to see you in Jail for it, what a shame you dont live in walesbecause thats where you would be.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 06:47 AM
I'll have Benji off lead with my dogs (including entire male) social and none aggressive within a few sessions. Think what this could mean to Benji, the difference it will make to his life!

Adam
You arent thinking of the dog, you are thinking of your training fee & e collar sales.

The difference it would mean to benjis life would be alot of Pain , alot of stress, he would still hate other dogs but be too scared
to do anything. great.
A DA dog can still have a good life, IF the owner can make a effort.
Closed Thread
Page 64 of 98 « First < 14 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 > Last »