Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2010, 07:50 PM

What do you use for cutting nails?

Just wondering what people use for cutting nails? For Cheeko I use nail clippers and for Blu I cut off the tips and file/grind the rest. I got a nail grinder in Semi Chem for £4 but I've broke it Works just as well as a dremel without the huge price
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 07:55 PM
I use guillotine clippers on most nails, scissor type cat ones for puppies and of course, cats, and I have some like little wire cutters which are ideal for dewclaws that have grown into a hoop. I have a grinder too which I sometimes use. It's a dremel type, B&Q own make, and I also engrave ID tags with it so it's double useful!
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I use guillotine clippers on most nails, scissor type cat ones for puppies and of course, cats, and I have some like little wire cutters which are ideal for dewclaws that have grown into a hoop. I have a grinder too which I sometimes use. It's a dremel type, B&Q own make, and I also engrave ID tags with it so it's double useful!
I was looking in B&Q for their own make because I wasn't paying the dremel price but got told they don't do their own. It's a huge B&Q too so I think the member of staff was being lazy
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 08:00 PM
I use regular chunky nail clippers for my GSP. His nails are black so I regularly snip the tips off. He's not keen but tolerates it because each snip equals a tripe treat.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
I was looking in B&Q for their own make because I wasn't paying the dremel price but got told they don't do their own. It's a huge B&Q too so I think the member of staff was being lazy
yep, defo lazy! My local B&Q is only a small one and they sell them. I bought it recently so you should be able to get one. I think I paid about £30, but I can't remember exactly. The dremel bits fit it so it's pretty good, and comes with a stand, lots of sanding bits that are good for nails and an extention arm for fiddly jobs.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-06-2010, 09:21 PM
I have a cordless dremmel with attachments etc 10 speed settings £45 on ebay it's brilliant
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
yep, defo lazy! My local B&Q is only a small one and they sell them. I bought it recently so you should be able to get one. I think I paid about £30, but I can't remember exactly. The dremel bits fit it so it's pretty good, and comes with a stand, lots of sanding bits that are good for nails and an extention arm for fiddly jobs.
I don't even think he knew what a dremel was if I'm honest

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I have a cordless dremmel with attachments etc 10 speed settings £45 on ebay it's brilliant
Normaly my first thought is ebay for things like that but for some reason I never! Mum didn't agree with grinding nails until I cut one of Blu's and it bled with all his carry on. Now he gets bored and lets out a huge sigh
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 07:19 AM
I use scissor type clipper occasionally and mostly a Dremel.

For the coated terriers with fluffy feet I also have a pedipaws for quick tidy ups
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Dremel, wouldnt use anything else now, all the dogs are 100% comfy with it, whereas two HATED the clippers!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I really must get myself a dremmel - I think it will be so much better than clippers. I hate using them and keep thinking I'm going to make them bleed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >