Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
charlew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2017, 06:52 PM

I lost, then found, my dog today

I was walking with my 12 year old springer spaniel today in a place we have been to roughly twice a week for the last 6 years, I lost him (I went one way & he went the other, I assumed he was behind me), it was another approx 40 minutes till I found him & it was the most terrifying time in my life, I was hysterical & would not have been able to find him without the help of kind strangers; I know in the scheme of things 40 minutes is a short amount of time - I don't know how people cope who's dogs go missing for longer like days or weeks, in such a case I'd end up in a psychiatric facility.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by charlew View Post
I was walking with my 12 year old springer spaniel today in a place we have been to roughly twice a week for the last 6 years, I lost him (I went one way & he went the other, I assumed he was behind me), it was another approx 40 minutes till I found him & it was the most terrifying time in my life, I was hysterical & would not have been able to find him without the help of kind strangers; I know in the scheme of things 40 minutes is a short amount of time - I don't know how people cope who's dogs go missing for longer like days or weeks, in such a case I'd end up in a psychiatric facility.
I had a sort of similar incident possibly a year or so ago. Max wen off to the right and I stood waiting for him to return. A woman asked me what I was up to. Old guy with a camera so she might have thought I was a dirty old perv.

"I'm waiting for my dog."
"Is that him?" and she pointed to my left foot.
There he was. Nice as nine pence. Embarrassed doesn't have enough syllables.