Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Hmmm ... am reading reviews of ultra sonic cat repellents. Seems some say they do and others say they don't work. Am just going to watch a little YouTube vid about it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv13QDct9OY
yeah, that are my worries that it wont work long-lasting
but who knows, the hope dies at least it's said

the ones I'll get also changes its Sound from 18-24kHz, that the cats wont get used to it?

guess I just has to try it, otherwise I never will know
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I used to ship to Israel when I sold on eBay. Just have to find a seller that ships worldwide and doesn't charge an extra arm and a leg for shipping outside their own country.
You mean like the Amazon marketplace trader who wanted £120 to ship a £10 throw!

The thing is that I have tried them all. The ultra-sonic ones, ultra-sound ones, special microwave ones, the "goes through all the wiring in the house and the mice and cockroaches run away" ones - actually I rarely have cockroaches but a quick squirt of Raid and they are tootsies up [mind you, that is why I always wear nickies at night...].

And no food is ever left out - even onions and potatoes have to be kept in the refrigerator, but mice eat candles, mice eat soap, and mice can - and have - eaten through the back of a kitchen base unit that has never had food in it.

We do not mention the fact that they ate through the plastic lid of a cereal container, and the fact that they not only ate through a heavy carton containing 12 x 1 litre tetrapaks of tomato juice but they ate holes in the corners of every bdooly tetrapak is best forgotten.

Ditto my first keyboard which had the lower edges of all the A S D F etc row of keys chombled even though I cover my keyboard at night.

And do not think that mice [and cockroaches] are only found in bungalows or houses. When I worked in Tel Aviv one of my assistants lived on the top floor of a 6 story block of flats in Netanya, and one day she saw a mouse so she chased it with a broom. The mouse ran onto the balcony, climbed over the wall, and jumped!
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2013, 05:22 PM
In fact YouTube has zillions of vids about the subject of deterring cats.
well, I know, already tried so much stuff
but nothing was really working properly

the ground in front of my flowerbed is no soil anymore, it's almost pure pepper! but that pest just didn't care and even poos on it!

I already bought those water pistols for to "shoot them away", but of course, when I'm there, they wont come
just can catch them by surprise maybe
but when I'm gone, they come back!

also heard about those "piss off plants" but just read about, that they aren't working at all

tried Vinegar, got those beer traps for snails, where usually you fill with beer, just put vinegar in...
no effect at all

now I still wanna try those water bottles, firstly "behind" the house where I did plant wine
there I also can hung up discs as it's not a place you really see it
the same where I put a composter I built myself, just of Wood laths, so no modern closed plastic Thing you can buy
they actually went in there and pulled stuff out, spraed it all over the place!
put a heavy metal grate on it, then they even digged tunnels from the sides for to get stuff of there
though we never put any meat waste in it!
it's said, cats don't like coffee?

they pull out coffee pads out of there as well, simply everything
now it got better, after i put loads of heavy Stones around the composter
but between the laths, they still pull out whatever they can get!

I really got so sick of them
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
So the score so far is

Cats 1 : Malpeki 0
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
The mouse ran onto the balcony, climbed over the wall, and jumped!
and probably hit the ground running

Sorry not had time yet to research the ones I've used, but one thing I do recall is that the 'User Instructions' say they are best to put in a room where no mice have entered, it will deter them from going in that room.

That implies that if they are already in the room the ultrasonic sound will not make them move out, I don't quite get the logic here but promise I will see what I can find on the ones I bought and get back to you. Maybe a few days 'cos all the anti-mice armoury has been put in the barn, they are only ever a problem around here in the Autumn and Winter.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2013, 08:52 PM
So the score so far is

Cats 1 : Malpeki 0
lol, no Tangutica, you are wrong!

the score rather feels like

Cats 10 : Malpeki <- total loser!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
lol, no Tangutica, you are wrong!

the score rather feels like

Cats 10 : Malpeki <- total loser!
Oh please don't give up, there must be something that will stop them and all these people on Dogsey are looking.

If our Baruska was younger I would lend her to you, she couldn't stand cats and none would come to our farm while she was 'on patrol'

Sadly she's getting old now and doesn't have the energy anymore
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oh please don't give up, there must be something that will stop them and all these people on Dogsey are looking.

If our Baruska was younger I would lend her to you, she couldn't stand cats and none would come to our farm while she was 'on patrol'

Sadly she's getting old now and doesn't have the energy anymore
Oh I love your Baruska!
though she's getting old now but for sure she did a great job!

mine is rather afraid of them
well sometimes she's chasing them, till they are off our yard
but actually only as long as they are running away
if one stops or doesn't run away, immediately she stands on the brakes fully in a secure distance and beats retreat straight away

only lately Balou even got attacked from back of one of the cats
she was just walking over the yard, then I could hear her squeaking and only could still see the cat running away and Balou was quite scared looking after the cat

can't they just stay where they belong to?

but for sure, I will never give up...
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2013, 05:24 PM
This advice may not be exactly what you are looking for, but... the best way to keep your neighbour's cats out of your garden is to get your own cat.

*ducks and runs*
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
This advice may not be exactly what you are looking for, but... the best way to keep your neighbour's cats out of your garden is to get your own cat.

*ducks and runs*

Oh God! please beware!

I think I already got enough of them, ugh!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >