View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2014, 04:08 PM
In my experience of having travelled by car to and from the UK a couple of times with two dogs and a cat. Coming into the UK from Calais, all dogs and cats have to go through UK Border Control in Calais, where their microchips are scanned and their Pet Passports are checked, prior to driving the car onto the train. Leaving the UK via ferry from Dover they only check how many pets you have in the car, but you won't be asked to produce Pet Passports as you go through either UK or French Customs.
The Grocer
New Member!
Male 

01-01-2015, 10:51 AM
A friend of mine had his caravan stolen and in it was his passport and his dogs. By contacting his vet a new pet passport was issued and as his vet had all the details of vaccines given on file these were entered and stamped accordingly. Despite his vet being in Greece....

Its worth contacting your vet, in saying that with rules as they are now a totally new passport is not a problem, as the dog is already micro chipped and all that is needed is an anti rabies vaccine at least 21 days before you travel
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I would have expected all of it to be linked to the chip number otherwise why bother to chip and make it mandatory to chip a dog before it leaves the country.
The chip is to ID the dog not to keep the details of the passport, only the vet who does the passport is the only one who will have the information recorded on the passport, as this dog is from abroad only the vet overseas will hold the information & can reissue a passport with the old information on it.

Pet passport's are not like human passports, they are not as valuable & cannot be used for dogs other than the one who has the chip implanted.

To the OP don't worry, just take your dog to the vet more than 21 days before you intend to travel & get the rabies jab & a new PP & off you go. You do NOT need the old passport as your dog needs another rabies vax

Good luck in Spain XX
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
In my experience of having travelled by car to and from the UK a couple of times with two dogs and a cat. Coming into the UK from Calais, all dogs and cats have to go through UK Border Control in Calais, where their microchips are scanned and their Pet Passports are checked, prior to driving the car onto the train. Leaving the UK via ferry from Dover they only check how many pets you have in the car, but you won't be asked to produce Pet Passports as you go through either UK or French Customs.
I think you will as from 29th December last year due to the changes that came into force that day
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2