Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-07-2007, 09:53 PM

Sky Broadband - Anyone got it?

What do you think of it?

Any good? Fast? Slow? Reliable?

Could you please do a www.speedtest.net test and post up the results for us to see?

Virgin is just gone pathetic and I want to move ISPs!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Just signed up for it (as its free lol)

and BT was costing me nearly £30 a month

They did say when I asked them for my MAC code that they did send an e-mail offering to change rates for me... in June 2006. All I've been getting were offers of flowers and pamper days if I signed up for another year. Wonder why?

Anyway, they also said I had better check our exchange was LLU (local loop unbundled) for Sky or Sky would charge me an extra £10 a month that they didn't tel me. But sorry BT, it is.

BT also tried to panic me by saying the minute I got a Mac code their net would be switched off. Well I'm still here.

Why can't isp's play fair?

Will let you know how it goes.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Hi Azz, you're right about virgin.
I just found out why, yesterday, they can't cope with the extra traffic since the merger with NTL.

All the domestic users are being logged on to the NTL lines, (seemingly they're rubbish) and the virgin (ex, telewest) lines are being reserved for commercial users.

Branson had better get it sorted, or he's gonna lose a lot of customers.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

29-07-2007, 12:31 AM
I am with BT - £27/month. I find it excellent but would be interested to hear what others think of Sky

Good one Azz
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 06:52 AM
I'm an ex telewest customer and agree Virgin are cr*pola! I'm considering a change too. I currently pay £25 for my broadband.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 08:57 AM
I am with virgin but get sky on Thursday!!

Will let you know Azz.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 09:22 AM
hi azz

not sure if this is helpful, have to say i am on the lowest package with sky ( think its called sky connect) as my area is still waiting for the proper broadband

however i dont really download etc and find it absolutely fine for viewing web pages.

we are wireless aswell and the hub works fine.

hope this link works

Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 10:46 AM
we have been on sky broadband for 3 weeks now its fine ..........in the begining we kept loosing connection due to our phone line not being able to accept 8MB .

so my OH got sky to cap the line at just under 7 as we are not close to the local exchange
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I'm an ex telewest customer and agree Virgin are cr*pola! I'm considering a change too. I currently pay £25 for my broadband.
I totally agree, since changing from Telewest to VM it's gone downhill no end. I think RB needs to sort out his existing customers first, I pay for my webspace and have errors for the past 2 months, I've filled out the online fault report form 9 times and get the 'we will respond asap' and still haven't heard back from them. When it was TW you could call them free, now it's a 25p a minute charge.

I'm supposed to be on the 20MB service, but I'm getting the following:

[IMG][/IMG]

We would love to try Sky but unfortunately we are surrounded by trees and can't get a signal even with a dish etc. on an extended pole!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 11:32 AM
rubish - we signed up ages ago and we still havent got the wireless box - so we cancelled it and stuck with the tv from sky and orange broadband
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >