Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 03:07 PM

Fed up with feeling judged!

I went to ring craft last night with Loki, havent been for a few weeks because it wasnt on one week then couldnt make it. Loki was very hyper (just for a change) not as bad as he has been in other class or the first time we went but was barking quite abit. The people who run it are very understanding and friendly. But alot of the people there attending the class were looking at us with disdain whilst standing their perfectly behaved dogs and looking down their noses at us!
I know Loki's barking is annoying and I am sorry if they dont like it but as dog owners they should know what it is like to have a puppy, I am fed up with feeling like people judge Loki as unrulley and me as being unable to control him. I have had so many comments from people out walking on how obedient Loki is I put alot of time into training Loki and it is frustrating that just as he was doing really well we seem to have taken about 5 steps back but I can endure that in the hope he will come out the other side and be back to his attentative self what I cant stand is being judged by people who dont know me or Loki just because they are breeders or regulars on the show circuit doesnt make them any beter than me. Yes they probably know more about training etc and if they wanted to come give advice I would happily listen and respect their experience but dont see the need to make people feel uncomfortable just because their pup is going through a hyper spell!
Im sorry just had to rant, it makes me feel like not going again but why should Loki miss out and he wont get beter unless we work through it! I dont want to cause offence to people who show I have met lots of nice people at shows as well as the clicky judgemental stuck up ones!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Hannah don't let people worry you, smile sweetly , be friendly and learn all you can.

I remember when I first started to go to shows on my own...a strange little thing with pigtails and one of my then bosses superb dogs trimmed to perfection I think people thought I had stolen it . I got some very funny looks..I just smiled and chatted inanely to everyone in my usual mad way
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Hannah don't let people worry you, smile sweetly , be friendly and learn all you can.

I remember when I first started to go to shows on my own...a strange little thing with pigtails and one of my then bosses superb dogs trimmed to perfection I think people thought I had stolen it . I got some very funny looks..I just smiled and chatted inanely to everyone in my usual mad way
Thanks Mini I try hard to be polite to people whatever they are like to me (two wrongs dont make a right and all that!) but at times it is dificult! As I said the people running it who are feeling the dogs over and making you move them are lovely very suportive, it just takes some of the fun out of it when you people are giving you black looks! I am only going to show Loki if he enjoys it and just to see how he will do but starting to think it might be more stress than fun!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Now listen Hannah, you know it, we know it, and the people running the classes know it: Loki is a baby and he's going to grow out of this! Could it be that you're a bit sensitive to criticism because part of you is bothered by his behaviour..? If so, it's time to start listening to your sensible-head, recognising that even their immaculately behaved dogs went through this, and giving those black-looks right back to the grumpy eejits!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by duboing
Now listen Hannah, you know it, we know it, and the people running the classes know it: Loki is a baby and he's going to grow out of this! Could it be that you're a bit sensitive to criticism because part of you is bothered by his behaviour..? If so, it's time to start listening to your sensible-head, recognising that even their immaculately behaved dogs went through this, and giving those black-looks right back to the grumpy eejits!
Thanks duboing I wouldnt mind so much if they actually came up and criticised me instead of just looking at me like something they just stepped in but yes your probably right!
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't worry about it.

I know exactly how you feel..

People often see "the worst" in Bodhi - they think she is too boistrous. And she does not listen so well to other people, as I am her only care provider, and always have been.

I try to explain this to people, AND the fact that she is only a PUPPY, but they don't listen. They being my family by the way

So many other people tell me how wonderful she is, so as a general rule I am just selectively deaf at times - try it!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah like the pig in that advert (no, im not saying your a pig )

"i'll pretend i didn't hear that...."
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
Yeah like the pig in that advert (no, im not saying your a pig )

"i'll pretend i didn't hear that...."
Pigs...

hogs...

...this woman's obsessed!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by duboing
Pigs...

hogs...

...this woman's obsessed!
you wish , baby hedgehogs are totally different :smt018
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2006, 06:59 PM
I know how you feel, and it is soooooo annoying!
I compare it to going into a gym when I am severely overweight. When the stick insects stop posing and give me "those looks" I turn round, look then straight in the eyes and say quite loudly, "well I'm here to do something about it!" and they slink away then....

Chin up. If you are more relaxed, your dog will pleasantly surprise you!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >