Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2006, 05:33 PM

Sky Broadband

Does anyone know whether it is possible to copy films downloaded from Sky broadband onto a disc. The information on the sky pages says that you can, but I haven't figured out how. The video package I have is Sonic.

Thanks

Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2006, 07:22 PM
http://www.sky.com/skybybroadband/home

this will help you i hope
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Some snippets from the FAQ
Do I need to download the video before I can watch it?
Movies must be downloaded in full before you can begin to play them. However, some short sports videos have the option to play directly from Sky by broadband without the need to download first.

How much disk space will be used to download videos?
Every movie and sports video will vary depending on the content. As an example, short sports news videos will be around 5 MB. Movies will vary between 300 MB and 1000 MB; on average, a two-hour movie will be around 750 MB.

Can I watch downloaded videos more than once?
Yes. Once you have downloaded a video, it will appear in your library, telling you the number of days you have left to watch it. This is your licence to watch the video and, for a movie, this is usually 30 days. If you do not get the chance to view the movie in this time, you should search for the movie on Sky by broadband again and download it again. For sports, the length of the licence can vary depending on the type of sports clip you wish to view. After your licence to view, or our rights to show the video, expire the video will automatically be deleted from your library.

Can I save to another hard drive, CD, DVD or other device?
You will only be able to play the video on the PC it was downloaded to. Items cannot be downloaded on to DVD.
However, I suspect that if you have the right bit of kit, you might be able to output the video signal to a DVD recorder
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Alison2006
Does anyone know whether it is possible to copy films downloaded from Sky broadband onto a disc.

Thanks

Have not tried it myself but you could as Royv says if you have the right kit you can do anything. It might mean coverting the file that comes down in to a differant format then back to burn to disk.