Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 09:59 PM

Taking A Dog Out Is Worse Than Taking A Baby Out

Hi

I was at my neighbours,and her daughter came in with the baby for her to babysit,she had this bag slung over her shoulder,She was getting all this stuff to show her mum what was needed,I said is she going for a week,she had a change of clothes,bottle of gripe,nappies various containers,the list is endless, but then I thought taking a dog out and if you have 2 you need leads plus spare,collars just in case,babywipes,towels,treats,ballcatcher balls firstaid kit,scissors when I had long haired dogs,sometime they had an accident,so would cut the hair that was pooed on,fold up drinking bowl (especially if they have been in the sea) several bottles of water grooming kit,Poobags. In the car there food,if we going on a long journey and staying overnight,Blankets. I was wondering if Dogsey People have it ready before they go for a walk,or do you just grab a lead and go Gemini54
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2013, 10:21 PM
LOL, it is almost as bad as when the kids were little. For my trip to the park;

Large bag containing;

Poo bags,
Treats,
Tug toys,
Balls and flinger,
Dumbbell
Water
Flexibowl

Not forgetting lead and dog.

You forgot to mention wellie boots in your travelling clobber

If I'm going for a walk with hubby and both dogs it's a smaller bag with basics and a couple of balls in case I need a distraction. This isn't a training walk it's more like a ramble and a play.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 05:51 AM
Never need to carry much on our walks
Dogs ,slip leads ,whistle ,walking stick ,mobile phone
5mins takes us into the hills ,water in the burns if they need a drink
If its a walk round the village ,dogs are on leads ,pockets of poo bags
When away working they have more kit than pets @home stock
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 06:15 AM
My small dogwalking shoulder bag containing

Mobile phone
Doggy bag
Ciggies
Door keys

That's it! I carry a bottle of water in my hand as I need it when walking too in the heat here. I do not need a dog water bowl - folding or otherwise - on walks. If my dog is thirsty, she will drink from my hand.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Well I must travel light for both! Breastfed both of daughters exclusively so when we went out it was nappies and wipes and a spare pair of leggings. I carries them in a sling for a long time so didn't even need to take a pushchair.

For walks we have two leads, treas and poo bags! Now the girls are older we need more fortune girls, snacks, drinks, favourite comforter ....and whatever else they see as essential on the walk!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2013, 07:05 AM
When my son was a baby I got him ready for our first dog walk, got Blodwen on the lead, struggled down the steps with the pram, and set off triumphantly to the park.

Halfway down the road I realized I'd forgotten the dog.

She was anxiously waiting in the hall with her lead on - it was tricky getting down those steps with a pram and a dog so I'd shut her in for safety reasons, but was so proud of myself for managing to get the pram out that I forgot to go back for her.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Hi Dont worry I took my dads prize greyhound out without permission for a walk down to the shops,tied it outside,and started chatting in the shop forgetting about the dog and it was worth a lot of money.When I came out of the shop the dog had gone,God I thought what am I going to do fess up pretend the dog had run away.In the end decided to face my dad,went to the kennels and there was the dog,a member of staff had seen it outside the shop and took it back to the kennel,still grounded no pocketmoney,but my step daughter left her baby at the library.Gemini54
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:20 AM
May sound strange but I've never had to use a poo bag!Lacey goes in the garden more or less same time every night. Goes for a walk 3 times a day and will pee on every blade of grass but that's it!!She's 9 yrs old,wondering now if its a good thing or just plain weird.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:46 AM
For walks with both dogs...

1) Find both dogs... not hard
2) Find two leashes... have about 4 floating around the house.
3) Find Jade's muzzle. Often try to put it up high, but often gets knocked down by cats or snatched down by Nigredo.
4) Find my keys
5) Find my bag with which I put poo bags etc. in
6) Find my fire poker melee weapon
7) Find my walking shoes
8: Stuff Jades face into her muzzle
9) Attach leashes onto excited, squirming dogs
10) Grab everything else
11) Discombobulatingly move the dogs on their leashes onto the porch
12) Set aside fire poker... lock door with keys
13) Take forever to stuff keys into backpack
14) Walk dogs for 20-30 minutes, keeping an eye out for strays and other trouble
15) Come home tired because of being moderately unfit, walk VERY "hilly" and dogs aren't so great on leashes...

Don't have any children, don't babysit, or have any random kids that I care for. Can't see it being much more complicated than that though!!!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Leads on, bags in pocket, water in car, and we are off.

Used to carry loads then realised that was all I was doing carrying it all, never used any of it LOL. So pared down and now it's all a lot easier.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »