Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2012, 02:01 PM

How spicy can you take it ...

I am a fan of hot sauces and spicy foods...

I have bought and tried loads over the years and am using a Habanero sauce right now which while been mouth burning is quite tasty ..lol
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I currently have some of these kinda of things. I have a Bhut Jolokia one, very spicy, but I've got to be honest it isn't the tastiest one I've had.

I currently have a couple o ones from the Clumber Park Chilli Company, which are actually very tasty.

Also very much like Tracklements chilli jam.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2012, 02:46 PM
No Ghost chilli for me ..lol
It gets to a point when it tastes of pain ..lol
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Nope, I like my food bland but thats probably because i'm not a fan of food in general. I hate spicy stuff, or anything with a strong flavour. As I always say "I hate stuff on my stuff", in other words, I dont like condiments or sauces or pickles or anything like that.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

26-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Currently going through a bottle of Encona West Indian Original Hot. Also trying to grow some Cayennes in our little greenhouse...
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't like spicy food - I can take a little spice but not really hot spicy. I think Wotsits Flamin' hot flavour is as spicy as I can take it

Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
I currently have some of these kinda of things. I have a Bhut Jolokia one, very spicy, but I've got to be honest it isn't the tastiest one I've had.

I currently have a couple o ones from the Clumber Park Chilli Company, which are actually very tasty.

Also very much like Tracklements chilli jam.
David - Pizza Plus in Bulwell, they have a challenge. If you can eat a slice of their pizza with their really really hot sauce on - eat it all then you get a free tub of Ben and Jerry's Ice cream!

Nicole's BF and friend did it and they managed the challenge. Had to get a bottle of milk so their mouths wouldn't burn so much..
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I used to love hot chilli until I stayed with a friend who lives in Thailand, who had no cooking facilities. Food is very cheap so we ate out, at places where the Thais eat, roadside stalls or little mud-floored iron shacks, or the occasional shophouse restaurant.

In the month I was there I lost half a stone, a lot of the food was literally too hot for me to eat! I filled up on fresh fruit instead.

So that kind of burned me out completely, I think it left my tastebuds permanently scarred and I now prefer milder food with less chilli, more flavour.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2012, 05:49 PM
I draw the line at Vindaloo...that is a step too far for me. Anything below that in heat I love. I'm a spicy food lover!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-04-2012, 05:59 PM
I like flavour as well as heat ...
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Im a bit of a wuss where hot foods are concerned.I like to enjoy what im eating and not constantly think about how quickly someone can fill a bucket of water for me to dunk my head in.Curry wise im a typical Brit and opt for the mild chicken tika masala.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >