View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Sounds like Winnie has had an unsettled past so far, poor little mite.

It's good that the RSPCA have been out already and that they will be monitoring the dogs condition. With a bit of luck these people might decide to give up owning and breeding dogs, we can always live in hope!

Well done Layla for all that you've done.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Received an update from the RSPCA. I cant go into too much detail as it is an ongoing investigation.

They have visited his house, his dogs there are "ok" There is no grounds for action although they will be monitoring the condition of the dogs.

With regards to winnie, it is going to be very hard to prove she sustained the injury with him, and it seems likely that she was injured elsewhere as he had not had her long- it seems that she has had "several" homes.
Oh dear, their idea of 'OK' isn't mine. I suppose at least they may have frightened hima bit.

I suppose it is 'OK' that she weights what she does.

Well done you for trying, hope she findsa good forever home.

rune
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 08:33 AM
I have made the decision for this girl to go to valgrays. Having been in touch with them and explaining everything about her health and her life so far, they have offered to take her on and pay for the vet treatment and then find her a new home eventually.

I thought about it overnight as I feel awful that she has been pushed from pillar to post, but I do believe this is the best option for her in terms of treatment and eventually finding a great home.

Any excess donations will go to valgrays.

Thankyou to everyone that has helped out so far.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Well done, and well done them. Is she going to an off shoot or to Val Philips?

rune
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 09:51 AM
I think to val herself. We are yet to sort the finer details.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
i think thats a great thing she can get the dedicated treatment - YOU are the one that got her that though so DO NOT feel bad about that !
As for the RSPCA and her "supposed many homes" i suspect this is a pack of lies made up by the guy - I wonder if you searched his phone number on google you will find his ad for pups from her etc and could at least prove he has had her long enough to have let her get in such a state.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Aww, this poor little girl

She can finally see light at the end of her dark tunnel. All she wants is to be loved and cared for.

You are a wonderful person Layla. It would be nice to see progression and eventually a forever loving home. It looks like she still has a long way to go with her health.

Well Done x
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 01:58 PM
I dont think anybody could blame you for making this decision Layla. Getting her out of that hovel was a fantastic move and truly altruistic but her health issues are alot to take on when you didnt exactly bargain for them in the beginning.
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9