View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 07:44 PM
I'll help you hun, can not spend thousands, but will send something to you have pm'd you........and well done love
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Bless you for getting her out of there!! I couldnt stop thinking about her either but was in no place to do anything

The leg deff looks funny but only the vet will know. but good food and gentle exercise can often work wonders

Does she seem in any discomfort with it?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Lucky had muscle wastage when he came to us. Little walks initially to see how much she can deal with, especially as the chances are she hasn't seen much aside from the inside of that cupboard. Treat her like a pup, build everything up really slowly. Bless her.
She may get an upset tummy through stress so keep food in small amounts and plain for now. Puppy food could be too rich.
As for insurance... They will not cover stuff if it is flagged as a problem early on. If your vet is happy to give her a check up and not mention the leg then go for it...if not wait as Rune said and get her insured asap, say she is a rescue and you just know she was kept in poor conditions. Don't mention the litter or anything.
Happy to contribute just let me know where to send it.
You are a total star x

Ps just wondering about her settling for you tonight, are you crating her?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Lucky had muscle wastage when he came to us. Little walks initially to see how much she can deal with, especially as the chances are she hasn't seen much aside from the inside of that cupboard. Treat her like a pup, build everything up really slowly. Bless her.
She may get an upset tummy through stress so keep food in small amounts and plain for now. Puppy food could be too rich.
As for insurance... They will not cover stuff if it is flagged as a problem early on. If your vet is happy to give her a check up and not mention the leg then go for it...if not wait as Rune said and get her insured asap, say she is a rescue and you just know she was kept in poor conditions. Don't mention the litter or anything.
Happy to contribute just let me know where to send it.
You are a total star x

Ps just wondering about her settling for you tonight, are you crating her?
Thankyou so much, and everyone else, im overwhelmed by the generosity of people

My paypal email is laylahudson@yahoo.co.uk

Yes I have put a crate up for her in the lounge, at the moment she has free access but is choosing to sleep in her crate with the door open, she occasionally comes out for a fuss and then goes back to sleep - i think she is enjoying the comfy bed! Dont think I will have any problems with her settling tonight in the crate.

I did have to lift the water bowl up though as she would not stop drinking and I could see her stomach distending as she did!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I expect the leg is due to her underweight (like you said) and her living conditions/lack of exersize she could have been beatern but without solid proof you can only speculate, alas I don't have any money to spare it all goes on the dog, chickens and travel expenses.

I can't believe the **** had the nerve to ask for £200 I would have conacted the RSPCA/Battersea/dogs trust, it would have taken longer but no dout this moron will go out and get another dog to breed from and it will meet the same place. I am very hard about this sort of thing.

Having said that you did a good deed getting the dog out of that situation
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Bless her! Perhaps she only had access to
Water randomly so drank when she
could? Poor mite
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Stupid question... How do I pay by paypal?!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
I expect the leg is due to her underweight (like you said) and her living conditions/lack of exersize she could have been beatern but without solid proof you can only speculate, alas I don't have any money to spare it all goes on the dog, chickens and travel expenses.

I can't believe the **** had the nerve to ask for £200 I would have conacted the RSPCA/Battersea/dogs trust, it would have taken longer but no dout this moron will go out and get another dog to breed from and it will meet the same place. I am very hard about this sort of thing.

Having said that you did a good deed getting the dog out of that situation
I have no faith in the RSPCA, she was being advertised as coming into season, so I doubt she would have been there long before someone without good intentions bought her. I know its not ideal having to pay, but she needed to be out of there and im so glad I was the one to do it.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Stupid question... How do I pay by paypal?!
Haha, erm I think you have to sign up for it. If not I can PM my address.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Whats easiest for you? Happy to do
Either x
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »