Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:35 PM

Agility in Surrey?

I have been thinking about attending another agility club for a while (reinvigorated after todays DD!). I have been on Agility net, these are my closest clubs.

Bookham Lodge Agility

Pachesham Agility Dogs

Scrambles DTS

Just wondered if anyone had any experiences with them or any other club recommendations. Whilst I'm not looking for anything too serious at the moment, I would like it to be properly taught with contact points etc.

I live near Kingston/Chessington/Molesey and ideally would like somewhere within a 30min drive.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Anyone?!
Have emailed bookham and will visit scrambles as its just next door to my parents, but I've heard its quite a serious and expensive club. Answers appreciated
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Such a shame you work Sundays so can't come to my club. I know my vet attends a club in Chobham and speaks very highly of them, although I've been told its quite a competitive club.

ETA: I think it's this club, don't know if it's too far for you
http://www.madkathagility.com/
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Such a shame you work Sundays so can't come to my club. I know my vet attends a club in Chobham and speaks very highly of them, although I've been told its quite a competitive club.

ETA: I think it's this club, don't know if it's too far for you
http://www.madkathagility.com/
Thanks I will look in to that - will maybe send them an email to enquire.

I know its a shame as it seems as though it would have been perfect! Maybe he would like to organise a Saturday class

I have recommended his puppy classes for the OHs families new GSD though
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2011, 10:51 PM
...all 3

depends what u want... if its for fun no pressure go for pads ...they still know their stuff
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
...all 3

depends what u want... if its for fun no pressure go for pads ...they still know their stuff
Thanks, that sounds just the sort of thing I'm after for the moment
They are very close so I'll defs get in touch with them!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Finally I managed to sort out an agility club to take Kestral to

Went to watch a session at Pachesham Agility. Liked the way they taught it, so I went along for a trial. The beginners course started about 3 months ago so we've missed a lot. Despite the fact we were distinctly average (she wouldn't do the A-frame - perhaps it was steeper than before, is rubbish at the weaves, cant yet do the see-saw and we have done no direction work!) he said we can join and hopefully will be able to catch up

She was great with everyone.. a bit skittish at times but generally really good, so hopefully she'll enjoy it and it will be something we can get in to!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Awwwwwww great news you have to take some photos. I don't blame her about the A frame, it's very big and she's very small! See saw is scary, Cain fell off once and took a while to do it again. And he's rubbish at weaves to! So it's all the hard stuff she's behind on and I'm sure she'll catch up in no time Glad you finally found a club, such a shame you can't come to Dave's

My private field might have fallen through on an insurance technicality
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks, I'm very pleased to have found somewhere good, and only 10 minutes away too

Aw bless Cain! I have got some poles and have been instructed to practice the weaves this week

Yes, Dave's would have been great..hopefully this club will be good though. They do the grades so you never know Kestral could become an agility champ

I hope the field doesn't fall through ..I can ask this place if they ever do private hire if you'd like?