View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 09:11 PM
adorable......very like my Fudge as a pup!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Oh, he is gorgeous!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Their dogs their rules. Plenty of working homes have all neutered dogs/bitches.

rune
They insist that you have ALL your dogs neutered if you want one of their cats ??????? What's the logic in that ? Is it that neutered dogs don't chase cats ?? or are they worried that they dog(s)may try to breed with the neutered cats ????

They have a downer on anyone who might breed, yet take unwanted ex breeding dogs in by the score, allowing those breeders to replace their exhausted older stock with new breeding animals-I totally fail to understand their logic, it is almost as if they are indirectly supporting breeding for profit by their actions.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Oh my. He is stunning!!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 10:53 AM
I quite agree with you Joedee. Yes these ex breeders/rejected pups need help...buts its the same effect as pups in a pet shop, you buy/take one, and then it leaves space for more
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Im fairly sure that the puppy farms would continue whether or not the rescues take these unwanted , used and abused bitches . The would most probably just kill them in an extremely inhumane way .
At least these poor girls can get a chance of a little bit of normal life after what they have been through .
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
They insist that you have ALL your dogs neutered if you want one of their cats ??????? What's the logic in that ? Is it that neutered dogs don't chase cats ?? or are they worried that they dog(s)may try to breed with the neutered cats ????

They have a downer on anyone who might breed, yet take unwanted ex breeding dogs in by the score, allowing those breeders to replace their exhausted older stock with new breeding animals-I totally fail to understand their logic, it is almost as if they are indirectly supporting breeding for profit by their actions.
I admire them---they are trying to help the animals that are alive and need help.

It is all well and good pontificating about what is 'right' but when it comes down to it and you are faced with an abused dog I would find it impossible to not try and help it.

If they didn't take them do you really think the puppy farming would stop? The dogs would be hit on the head, shot or maybe pts by a vet if they were lucky. They'd be replaced whatever.

rune
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2011, 11:23 AM
This debate has been done and the same reasons will be given for and against their policies..
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 12:12 PM
I know it has Murf...but I struggle to understand the reasons behind it. Yes, I know they are a rescue, they want to place their dogs in best home. Blah blah...but how many dogs are missing out on the chance of a happy life while they have this policy? How many potentially good owners, are being sent packing, and heading to the nearest BYB/Pet shop because of these policies?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
I know it has Murf...but I struggle to understand the reasons behind it. Yes, I know they are a rescue, they want to place their dogs in best home. Blah blah...but how many dogs are missing out on the chance of a happy life while they have this policy? How many potentially good owners, are being sent packing, and heading to the nearest BYB/Pet shop because of these policies?
Very few I imagine----after all if you go to them in the first place you want to rescue a dog. So you simply go to a different rescue with less tight regulations.

rune
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »