View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-03-2011, 07:49 AM
the vid in the OP has been removed - consider this one where CM 'hangs' a husky until it collpases

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQUegRGo0kw
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 07:51 AM
i still think CM mantra of Calm assertitve, is a case of the emperors new clothes, thats what he WANTS to be, & you will notice when hes "not" he says it more. I dont know wether hes actually saying it for "our" benefit or his own.
I rarely see him truely calm,
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
i still think CM mantra of Calm assertitve, is a case of the emperors new clothes, thats what he WANTS to be, & you will notice when hes "not" he says it more. I dont know wether hes actually saying it for "our" benefit or his own.
I rarely see him truely calm,
i very much agree with this mish.
on the other hand, someone like yourself is probably always displaying calm assertive energy (cool, calm, collected/dog savvy/keeps your heart rate low...monty roberts version of same thing/etc/etc) when you are training.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 07:58 AM
no not all the time, some dogs need exciting energy,

In fact mst of my training is high on excitement & drive.

At diffferent times & with different dogs,different senerios, different "moods" required.
What ever i do , i dont think about it, its 2nd nature
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
no not all the time, some dogs need exciting energy,

In fact mst of my training is high on excitement & drive.

At diffferent times & with different dogs,different senerios, different "moods" required.
What ever i do , i dont think about it, its 2nd nature
the secod naturedness of it all is what one would regard as dog savvy, which is basically the same as calm assertive, cool calm collected, etc, etc.

im saying that you have this quality in and around and more importantly "with" dogs regardless of the training you are performing, be it quiet training, slow training, fast training, loud training, upside down training, right way up training, if you get my drift.

personally i call it plugged in, some people use the phrase sympatico, their are probably others.
i quite like the sound of the one that says "calm assertive energy"
as in my field and practice, dog training is all about energy. which is what you may be terming "moods"?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
the vid in the OP has been removed - consider this one where CM 'hangs' a husky until it collpases

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQUegRGo0kw
It's still around under a different name ..
http://www.youtube.com/user/DogAntiAbuse
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Do you read posts properly, including reading the ones made discussing the same thing, to actually understand what the person has really been talking about before you post your reply?
If not, id hope you get called an idiot at the very least.
Yes I do. And if you wish to call me an idiot that's your perogative, I certainly won't kick you for it.

I just fail to understand why someone needs to kick an animal when they're "cool, calm and collected" as you put it. Surely a cool, calm and collected person by their very nature, wouldn't need to lash out?

Put simply, CMs "calm assertive" mantra is utter bull poo IMO.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Yes I do. And if you wish to call me an idiot that's your perogative, I certainly won't kick you for it.

I just fail to understand why someone needs to kick an animal when they're "cool, calm and collected" as you put it. Surely a cool, calm and collected person by their very nature, wouldn't need to lash out?

Put simply, CMs "calm assertive" mantra is utter bull poo IMO.
In which case, i was correct.
You havent understood the post of mine you quoted, Nor followed all the others I have made on this topic.
As i havent said anything of the sort you have written above.
Misreading posts is one thing, then using that as a basis for asking if i kick dogs, is another.
That would be an idiotic thing to do.

But re your last point: the mantra is fine, Cesar Milan's behaviour isnt.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Can you maintain calm assertive enrgy when leaping behind a bush to play a recall game?
Can you have CAE when rolling on the floor tickling your dogs feet to encourage him to play?
Can you have CAE when sending a small relative through an agility tunnel to encourage a shy dog to follow.
Can you maintain CAE when running away like the clappers making high pitched squeals to encourage a reluctant dog to follow?
I`m obviously not dignified enough to train dogs!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Can you maintain calm assertive enrgy when leaping behind a bush to play a recall game?
Can you have CAE when rolling on the floor tickling your dogs feet to encourage him to play?
Can you have CAE when sending a small relative through an agility tunnel to encourage a shy dog to follow.
Can you maintain CAE when running away like the clappers making high pitched squeals to encourage a reluctant dog to follow?
I`m obviously not dignified enough to train dogs!
of course, to all of the above.
you certainly can because you are a good dog trainer with good ideas.
your training is definitely on my wavelength
Page 17 of 49 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »