View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 09:47 PM
All our fingers and paws are crossed here!! he looks such a sweetie and a real cuddle monster.

Good Luck.
xx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Fingers crossed for you Lynn, he looks lovely xxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Aww Bless He's such a gorgeous boy

Good Luck xx
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 11:11 AM
My fingers and 5 sets of paws crossed here! He's such a beauty!

My old dog Patches sent me Zoe. The day after I had to let Patchie go, I found Zoe, who started my whole rescuing unadoptable dogs kick... I needed Zoe to get me through the days after Patchie left, I truly believe she had a hand in sending Zoe to me.

Ollie is doing the same.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Miles has only been with them a couple of days straight from the pound so no History, and seems to have a very good temperament. He is living fine in kennels with other dogs but can be a bit grumbly around food.

Our worries are with the children when they come to visit so if they get any young volunteers in they will test him we cannot get up with all 3 children as we will have to stay overnight.

He has been reserved for us and we are going to see him on Sunday we will go to Birmingham Saturday to see Sam and Zanta then make our way to Wales stay in a B&B and then make our way to see Miles and make a decision. I think you have to meet a dog to get a feel of how you think he will be and if you feel you will be able to deal with any little niggles that may come along.

They do not know how he is in a house situation or anything else but they do know he is confident and his temperament seems good.

We will visit him Sunday then I think we will be able to make a decision about whether we feel he is right for us and the family.

Watch this space.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Good luck
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Hope it all goes well Even if he doesn't turn out to be the dog for you, you've given it a try. Maybe you could foster him for a while? Then you can see how he is in your home and if things don't work, at least you'll be able to provide them with a good assessment on how he is in a home environment, something that could really help him get the perfect home if it doesn't turn out to be yours - so you're helping him either way! Fingers crossed for you.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Will keep everything crossed! xxx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Oh Lynn,Hes so gorgeous .
I KNOW your Ollie will understand-you will be giving another needy soul a forever home.
I dont think there is ever a right time-some people wait years,some days -it depends.

We adopted Lulu and Buster only a short time after our last dog had been put to sleep-but I just knew it was right.

I would love to adopt another dog now,even though its only been 5 weeks since Lulu died ,but I dont think it would be right as Buster has dementia and I dont know how hed react-or how a new dog would either,plus the fact that hes up anytime between 4a.m. and 6 a.m-that wouldnt be fair on a new dog.Also he has never liked many dogs hes met-Lulu would have accepted another dog quite well I think.

So ,fingers and paws crossed for you-if ,for some reason you dont end up adopting Miles,thenI know there will be another waiting for you-and they couldnt wish for a better mum and dad than you two.
love from Maureen-another Ollies mum

(I know my Lulu and your Ollie will have their paws crossed too)
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Ooooh hope the meeting goes well! I think Ollie would approve ! Good luck - I am watching this space !
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »