View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Ive got both and by far I would much prefer the netbook which I am using at the minute. My background is secretarial and I have no problems with the keyboard.

I was originally told you cant print from them but all I did was plug the USB lead into one of its ports and it installed the printer on its own.

They dont have CD/DVD drives but as someone else says you can use externals

As for being slow, I have never found that. I got mine on special offer in Tesco for £199 and never ever regretted it. It is a make I have never hearrd of "emachines" but it does what I want which is basically surf, check emails, print off graphical work, save - memory isnt huge but again you can attach externals to them and [this is a big plus to me] it is not heavy on my knees, very lightweight. When you got a sore knee [arthritis] a lightweight machine means a lot

All in all I love my wee netbook
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2010, 03:01 PM
I have an Asus EEEPC 900 running EasyPeasy (a free linux-based OS) and it's lightening fast. I can watch programs on it off the BBC, ITV and 4OD websites, I can word process on it, I can upload and edit photos from my camera (in fact it has an SD memory card slot) and I'm on it now.

I do prefer it for every day use to my big laptop, it was well under £200 when I bought it 2 years ago and it's still doing pretty well.

I do have a USB mouse for it though as the touchpad is annoying, but I'm the same with every laptop.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Here's a not-too-bad article about Linux for netbooks. Linux really is the only thing to run on lower resource machines, especially with the latest kernel which promises quite substantial speed increases. Not only that, but some of these Netbook distributions have really small footprints saving you memory and storage for important stuff. i.e. Your data and apps!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Mine runs Vista & is excellent, much faster than the Laptop! Ive loads of photographs stored on it too. Shouldnt really have any as they take up too much space.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2