View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-10-2010, 08:09 AM
As we all know all previous governments have adherred religiously to their election manifesto's
Why pick on Cameron, it's a coalition he has to take on board the wishes of the Lib dems and he is.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
As we all know all previous governments have adherred religiously to their election manifesto's
Why pick on Cameron, it's a coalition he has to take on board the wishes of the Lib dems and he is.

Thats why they should be legally binding.....so they think before luring people into false promises!

Cameron is still PM so it all falls on him.The Tories have NOT taken on board the Libdems wishes either.
Clegg is just another puppy like Blair was with Bush.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-10-2010, 10:05 AM
I disagree I do think they've taken on board quite a lot from the lib dems considering how few seats the lib dems actually have. Is Clegg a puppy or a junior partner, I think he's done quite well to be deputy and have as many ministers in cabinet considering the percentage of seats won.
I also think they need the freedom to do whatever is necessary as things change throughout the life of parliament.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-10-2010, 10:07 AM
when you say legally binding, do you mean binding that the manifesto suggested laws are passed, or binding that the manifesto suggested laws are introduced to parliament to attempt that they become law?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Thus far, the following lib dems policis have been introduced:

Pupil Premium is going to be introduced
Elected House of Lords
Fixed term Parliaments
Raise the the income tax threshold
Increase in the rate of Capital Gains tax
Scrapping ID cards
Great Repeal act
End to detention of child asylum seekers
No third runway at Heathrow
Ban finger printing of children at schools
Reduction in the amount of CCTV
Setting up of Green Investment bank
referendum on voting reform.

BTW, if their are 2 parties in power, how does a legally binding maifesto work?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Here's my twopennorth!

I'd only allow benefit to people who were UNABLE to work, either through sickness, disability, mental health issues whatever, but I would take it away from all school-leavers who just can't be a*sed to look for a job, the females having babies instead of a job. It will be made mandatory to get a job when you leave school, any job will do, and if it doesn't pay enough, then the Government would help out, any payments handed out just because you don't want to work, are gone. Gerra job!!!! I had to!!! When the kids are at school, then those parents will have to get a part time job inbetween taking them there and picking them up, there's plenty about!

Same goes for housing, they don't get it, unless they prove they're unable to get a job to buy/rent a house, and if they're capable of working and find a job, whatever it be, then at least they're trying, so they would get accommodation. I certainly wouldn't allow any foreigners who come over here and get a house and benefits unless they have a job to go with it before they arrive, just like most other countries, they will have to prove their worth before we accept them in, and make sure they can speak our language. Afterall, most other countries do this so why are we so soft?

As for the NHS, this is for our citizens, most of whom have actually paid into it, so why are our hospitals full of foreigners who come over here to get the treatment without paying!! That'd all stop with me!

If you're living on benefit, unemployed, the state is paying for everything you need, and you're under 20, never held a job down in your life, then the state will NOT pay for your kids if you make more than one mistake! Might make them put something on the end of it?!

I'd make prisons, actual prisons, not holiday camps, so that they would be very unlikely to offend ever again. The worst cases would be put on an Island like Alcatraz (sp?) never to grace our shores ever again! Oh I'm hard!!!!

I'd cut the number of mp's in half, by extending their jurisdiction.

I'd do away with that "rights" act (don't know what it's called), but it seems to be interferring with justice imo, it's always on the side of the do-gooders and the criminals, they shouldn't have "rights".

If you're earning over £30K a year, then you're on your own, you'll manage, we have to!

Give all pensioners the same amount, a decent amount to live on, help them out if they have no home, or need care, they've paid for it all of their working lives they seem to get less consideration than some of the kids that have been brought into this world by mistake, it's all so wrong!!

I'd organise some computer system which made it a darn sight easier for our policeman to do a proper job, there's too much red tape and unnecessary paperwork, they don't need it, especially in this age of technology.

I'd do away with road tax and stick it on petrol, so that way, people who use their cars more, pay more! Might make the school run a bit less conjested for me!

I'm sure there's more, but I wouldn't want his job for all the tea in China I'm afraid, look how it aged old Tony!!! Oh go on then, one more...

Stop all strikes that hold the country to ransom, make it illegal for it to affect everybody else trying to go about their daily business. Sort it out with the management, and let us get on with our daily lives undisturbed!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Here's my twopennorth!

I'd only allow benefit to people who were UNABLE to work, either through sickness, disability, mental health issues whatever, but I would take it away from all school-leavers who just can't be a*sed to look for a job, the females having babies instead of a job. It will be made mandatory to get a job when you leave school, any job will do, and if it doesn't pay enough, then the Government would help out, any payments handed out just because you don't want to work, are gone. Gerra job!!!! I had to!!! When the kids are at school, then those parents will have to get a part time job inbetween taking them there and picking them up, there's plenty about!

Same goes for housing, they don't get it, unless they prove they're unable to get a job to buy/rent a house, and if they're capable of working and find a job, whatever it be, then at least they're trying, so they would get accommodation. I certainly wouldn't allow any foreigners who come over here and get a house and benefits unless they have a job to go with it before they arrive, just like most other countries, they will have to prove their worth before we accept them in, and make sure they can speak our language. Afterall, most other countries do this so why are we so soft?

As for the NHS, this is for our citizens, most of whom have actually paid into it, so why are our hospitals full of foreigners who come over here to get the treatment without paying!! That'd all stop with me!

If you're living on benefit, unemployed, the state is paying for everything you need, and you're under 20, never held a job down in your life, then the state will NOT pay for your kids if you make more than one mistake! Might make them put something on the end of it?!

I'd make prisons, actual prisons, not holiday camps, so that they would be very unlikely to offend ever again. The worst cases would be put on an Island like Alcatraz (sp?) never to grace our shores ever again! Oh I'm hard!!!!

I'd cut the number of mp's in half, by extending their jurisdiction.

I'd do away with that "rights" act (don't know what it's called), but it seems to be interferring with justice imo, it's always on the side of the do-gooders and the criminals, they shouldn't have "rights".

If you're earning over £30K a year, then you're on your own, you'll manage, we have to!

Give all pensioners the same amount, a decent amount to live on, help them out if they have no home, or need care, they've paid for it all of their working lives they seem to get less consideration than some of the kids that have been brought into this world by mistake, it's all so wrong!!

I'd organise some computer system which made it a darn sight easier for our policeman to do a proper job, there's too much red tape and unnecessary paperwork, they don't need it, especially in this age of technology.

I'd do away with road tax and stick it on petrol, so that way, people who use their cars more, pay more! Might make the school run a bit less conjested for me!

I'm sure there's more, but I wouldn't want his job for all the tea in China I'm afraid, look how it aged old Tony!!! Oh go on then, one more...

Stop all strikes that hold the country to ransom, make it illegal for it to affect everybody else trying to go about their daily business. Sort it out with the management, and let us get on with our daily lives undisturbed!

Yes I agree with all of this.

but

pensioners not all have paid into society some been on benefits for years what would you do with them.
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Firstly stop all immigration into the country until the illegal ones can be found and booted out. Then introduce a points system like Australia - if you cannot benefit the country then don't bother trying to get in!

Child benefits will only apply to the first two children, after that you do not get anymore.

I like what is already being proposed re people on sick benefits - keep up the good work! Bloody scroungers.

Tougher punishment for unruly kids. A 14 year old kid for example knows it's wrong to vandalise/steal etc - they should pay the price!

Make it easier for forst time buyers to buy a house - the housing market needs a kick up the bum!

that's all for now..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post

Yes I agree with all of this.

but

pensioners not all have paid into society some been on benefits for years what would you do with them.
Yes I know, you can't change everything immediately,but this would be a plan for the future. Remember, nobody in my new system gets anything unless they're sick, disabled, or bona fide unable to work, and considering there will be real growth, there will be plenty of jobs around for those who aren't working to find one won't there In my system, you only get back what you put in, (as yeah reap and all that lol!), in other words, the whole country has got to do what 70% of us have been doing all of our lives, because we've never had a hand-out ever!!! Nuffink!!!

For the time being, I'll have to payout for this new bigger pension, but with the money I'll be saving handing out all those benefits we'll still be in credit!

If a wife doesn't want to work, she wants to stay home looking after her kids, then her husband has to support her, thereby contributing to both of their old age. With somebody who started having kids at 16 with Tom, Dick and Harry, she'll have to go to work like I said, when the kids are at school won't she, instead of sitting on her backside watching daytime telly! That way, even SHE gets to have the normal pension. Foreigners who came over here and have never worked, just won't get any, they'll have to go back home.

I like your post missy0l, agree with all of that too! Let's get this Country rolling again!!!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-10-2010, 03:48 PM
In my system

I LIKE YOUR SYSTEM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >