Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 04:13 PM

JD, 7 month old Weimaraner Pup.

I am posting this lad here first because Dogsey people are the best there is no question whatsoever of JD going to a rescue, the owner wouldn't hear of it.
JD is a much loved boy and the owner has found herself in a position where she can no longer give him the time and commitment he deserves.

JD's Owner hes KC registered an i have all have all his documents..
me an my partner have split up and I've moved back home, but my mum n dad said there's no room for him here as they already have 2 cats an 2 dogs.. and no one can take him temporally for me whilst i get myself sorted... He's very playful around other dogs, if they want to play with him.. I've been taking him to a doggy nursery in new brighton a few days a week so hes been learning from there..he has not been neutered yet

with cats hes kind of understanding to keep away from them, as they keep scratching him when he goes near them...

Hes great with kids, just gives them a lick on the face when he walks past them.. He just jumps up on people when u come home, as he gets excited!! Hes great in the car, he's been in our car from day one and he's traveled to and from Scotland in one recently... He loves being around people, but gets very distressed when left on his own, as my neighbors have told me he cries for hours when i go to work... He loves the beach, he could spend a whole day down there if he could!.. As hes only 7 months old, he still has a lot to learn, we don't let him off the lead when walking him, we only let him off his lead when hes down the beach and no one is around, Hes a very nosey dog, and likes to be the centre of attention, although he prefers lounging round in the garden but only if your out there with him!! Hes just a gorgeous natured dog!! x x x
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 04:39 PM
What a lovely boy, such a sad situation for the owner. Hope he finds a great home asap
cranberry1
New Member!
Female 

04-06-2010, 04:55 PM
He's gorgeous, hope he finds a good home soon.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-06-2010, 04:59 PM
lovely boy, but the owner should be contacting the breeder first, if they are reputable breeders they will take him back and re home from there.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 05:03 PM
aw he is a cracking looking dog! I have to agree with JB, The breeder should be consulted (if not already done)..Any decent breeder would take dog back (at no cost to them) and keep or rehome the dog..Good luck.
joto
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Breeder should be the first point of contact.

If that is not possible wouldn't your friend be better to contact weimaraner rescue rather than try to rehome herself. They may possibly find someone to foster if she's sure she could keep him when she gets sorted out.

The best person to contact is Margarita Booker whose details can be found on the Weimaraner Club of Great Britain website, just google WCGB.

Rehoming herself might be risky, the dog could end up in the hands of a puppy farmer, people can be very plausable when they want something, she's have to be 100% certain the person is trustworthy.

Also if the home doesn't work out the dog would go back to breed rescue, rather then moved on to an unknown.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 05:46 PM
I have asked the owner if she has contacted his breeder.
just waiting on her reply
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 05:51 PM
JD's Owner I got him from blackburn... also i know she would have him herself, but for the wrong reasons, she already had 5 weimaraners, all for breeding, and her house was just far too small for them all... She makes a lot of money off them...
she would rather he went to a loving family home
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by joto View Post
Breeder should be the first point of contact.

If that is not possible wouldn't your friend be better to contact weimaraner rescue rather than try to rehome herself. They may possibly find someone to foster if she's sure she could keep him when she gets sorted out.
she will not let him go into a rescue

The best person to contact is Margarita Booker whose details can be found on the Weimaraner Club of Great Britain website, just google WCGB.

Rehoming herself might be risky, the dog could end up in the hands of a puppy farmer, people can be very plausable when they want something, she's have to be 100% certain the person is trustworthy.
this is the reason I have posted him here on Dogsey

Also if the home doesn't work out the dog would go back to breed rescue, rather then moved on to an unknown.
she would like to stay in contact with new owner
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 06:04 PM
I hope she finds a nice home for him then, Shame that she sees the breeder of her dog in such a way
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »