register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Are you happy with our new Govt?
Yes - it seems to have turned out much better than I originally thought possible 13 16.88%
Yes - I'm fairly happy with how it's turned out 12 15.58%
Yes - I'm moderately happy 6 7.79%
Neutral - not bothered either way 2 2.60%
No - I'm slightly disappointed 3 3.90%
No - I'm a fair bit unhappy 11 14.29%
No - I'm very upset at how it turned out 30 38.96%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 08:55 AM
I think they have mucked up some communication ---with various sections of the community.

However I would cstill rather have them doing what they bare doing than not getting the country out of debt. It was always going to be painful.

I am speaking as someone who is now about £100 a month worse off---and out of my income that is a big chunck!

Insurance, electric, oil and water are all WAY up.

rune
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Seems to be very much a viscious cycle to me. Without industry and money coming in, the debt will remain and probably increase. Taking it 'on trust' that industry will step up to the mark is a foolish tactic. Edward Heath tried it, even offered incentives for investment, but the main investment seemed to be in buying bigger and better company cars.

Thatcher destroyed our economy by getting rid of the 'bread and butter'. She destroyed our manufacturing base and we still haven't recovered from it. I've not seen anything from this Government, or its predecessor that comes close to starting to address this situation. Until the powers that be regenerate our industrial core, we are going to continue in debt - no matter how many benefits are cut, jobs cut, petrol increases and rises in VAT are imposed.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Well---the choice was one of two systems and since the last one managed to help us into the mess I think this one should be given a chance to get us out.

rune
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 09:27 AM
It's awful. We have yet to see the full impact of cuts as the job losses in the public sector haven't fully hit yet. Staffing in schools is going to drop dramatically in the next academic year and friends working throughout the health service warn of bad times to come as a direct result of cuts. The redundancies in the police etc haven't been felt yet, let alone the other emergency services. We are on the precipice of worse times.
As for Nick Clegg... Prat. He's proved himself to be self motivated liar.
This government have done nothing positive.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 09:28 AM
The economic crisis was and is a global one and therefore one government cannot be held accountable.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
The economic crisis was and is a global one and therefore one government cannot be held accountable.
Gordon Brown sold all our gold reserves which had been carefully hoarded by previous governments.

That gave a great boost to what that government wanted to do to give everyone a feel good factor and keep them popular.

For that I do think they are responsible.

rune
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 05:33 PM
From what I understand it's bush's fault for removing leglislation which then allowed banks to get far to big and have far to much power so mimic what happened in the 20's so deff not labour fault.
ATD x
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Gordon Brown sold all our gold reserves which had been carefully hoarded by previous governments.

That gave a great boost to what that government wanted to do to give everyone a feel good factor and keep them popular.

For that I do think they are responsible.

rune
All the gold reserves ??? I think not the UK still has 310.3 Tonnes of Gold.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 06:51 PM
The government only has to reform the bank that they (or apparently we as taxpayers) now own to sort this debt out, instead they are penalising the people whos money they should have been using to lookafter said people and continue to allow bonuses of 8 million etc within banks that the government now own.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 07:10 PM
It's awful. We have yet to see the full impact of cuts as the job losses in the public sector haven't fully hit yet. Staffing in schools is going to drop dramatically in the next academic year and friends working throughout the health service warn of bad times to come as a direct result of cuts. The redundancies in the police etc haven't been felt yet, let alone the other emergency services. We are on the precipice of worse times.
As for Nick Clegg... Prat. He's proved himself to be self motivated liar.
This government have done nothing positive.
The NHS is going to be in an horrific state very soon, be afraid.....be very afraid!

I'm not hugely impressed by this government, all fur coat and no knickers as per usual with politicians.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >