Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I don't think it really matters...

We rehomed a GSD once who, in the 3 days she had been with us had latched onto me (in a way only GSD's seem to be able to!) - I had taken her from her previous home.

The couple came over to collect her and she stood in the doorway and let rip at them .

She got in the car with them very happily and ended up being fine.

Gabe was dropped off here (but at the time we did not know he was staying)....

Will you be able to drive away without flooding with tears is probably the question to ask....
the floods of tears just go with the territory, i was the same when they all left me as puppies.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
the floods of tears just go with the territory, i was the same when they all left me as puppies.
Yep - but can be dangerous if you are trying to drive
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 05:41 PM
OH I can't believe I missed this You poor, poor thing having to go through this, but in a way, at least YOU get to choose her forever home, which is a lot better than if that nasty woman had just dumped her at the local rescue or put an ad in the paper coz I suppose you would never have known maybe?

OH in my dreams to have had an opportunity of giving a home to Bailey's sister of all dogs!!!!!!!!! and you know I would have been up there like a shot if I was allowed, but the funny thing is, we were talking this morning about Zena's breeder and her next litter, and I just happened to say to Dave "I'd really love another Zena puppy" to which he replied "well, looks like I'll be moving out then" So, if he hadn't of said that this morning, I would have been on your doorstep tonight, and that's fact!!!

The policeman and his wife sound lovely, they're older (more sensible!!!!) and I hope she takes to them from the start when you meet up, but then you know shepherds, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, but I'll have everything crossed that it will be a perfect match, and that'll be fate stepping in! All the luck in the world with this darling beauty, Bailey's sister (oh how I wish )
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
OH I can't believe I missed this You poor, poor thing having to go through this, but in a way, at least YOU get to choose her forever home, which is a lot better than if that nasty woman had just dumped her at the local rescue or put an ad in the paper coz I suppose you would never have known maybe?

OH in my dreams to have had an opportunity of giving a home to Bailey's sister of all dogs!!!!!!!!! and you know I would have been up there like a shot if I was allowed, but the funny thing is, we were talking this morning about Zena's breeder and her next litter, and I just happened to say to Dave "I'd really love another Zena puppy" to which he replied "well, looks like I'll be moving out then" So, if he hadn't of said that this morning, I would have been on your doorstep tonight, and that's fact!!!

The policeman and his wife sound lovely, they're older (more sensible!!!!) and I hope she takes to them from the start when you meet up, but then you know shepherds, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, but I'll have everything crossed that it will be a perfect match, and that'll be fate stepping in! All the luck in the world with this darling beauty, Bailey's sister (oh how I wish )
awwww bless you Helen, if i knew you wanted to have her i would have shipped her over to you quicker than my heart can beat

we have arranged a mid week walk to see if there is a connection. Zelda is so like Bailey, when they out on a walk they totally ignore strangers.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I just showed him the beautiful Bailey again and his sister, told him the sad story....... then he said " bladdy people, how can you just give a dog up like that" and then I asked him what my chances were..... his reply being "I don't want another dog, we certainly don't want 3, much as I'd love to help, we can't have 3 dogs"

I'll keep trying, but I'm hoping these people will be ideal for such a gorgeous all round girlie. This has made me very sad On both counts The fact that I have a chance of Bailey's sister and I'm not allowed to, and I don't take orders!!!!! However, Dave is my breadwinner, and sometimes I have to listen to him, no matter how much I disagree at the time, although he did soften for Zena, he could do again, I'll try my best, but don't hold yer breath, I think he means it this time!
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 06:18 PM
what you like Helen

i so wanted to keep her too, but my OH put his foot down. plus Tilly (her own mother ) hates her.
mind you sometimes i dont like my kids either
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Oh isn't that strange about Tilly, coz Zena's mum is the same with her!!! When I met up with them at the obedience show last summer, her mother didn't like her at all, poor Zena!!! I agree about the kids though, not that I've had any, but I'm sure you're right there!!!

I've just had another chat with Dave and he said about this past couple of weeks with all the snow, him having my dogmobile most of the week, so I had to walk Zena on her own, and Georgie only got to play out in the garden (except week-ends) coz I couldn't leave Zena home alone (haven't done that bit yet!). Two big dogs for me, as good as they are onlead, if they saw something they wanted to chase, like a cat with Georgie, then 55 kgs in one hand and 38 kgs in t'other, I just can't do it at my ripe old age, 10 years ago yes, but not now, so I think Dave is actually being sensible!

You'll know straight away when you meet up with these other peops won't you, I'm sure you will I'll keep everything crossed for you both that all goes to plan
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 07:54 PM
thanks Helen i just hope they can get Zelda's attention really
or if she will interact with them. i will worry whatever happens
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 08:03 PM
The policeman and his wife sound ideal for Zelda. Have they had shepherds before? When you say you did a homecheck, did you just go over to their house, have a look around and a chat etc, or did you take Zelda with you?

I would be tempted to take her over to their house myself and see how she settles there. Obviously, being a woosy shepherd she will want to follow you, but if they take her out for a nice walk with plenty of treats when you have left, I am sure she will settle in no problem.

It sounds a lovely home, and great it is so near to you as well.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
The policeman and his wife sound ideal for Zelda. Have they had shepherds before? When you say you did a homecheck, did you just go over to their house, have a look around and a chat etc, or did you take Zelda with you?

I would be tempted to take her over to their house myself and see how she settles there. Obviously, being a woosy shepherd she will want to follow you, but if they take her out for a nice walk with plenty of treats when you have left, I am sure she will settle in no problem.

It sounds a lovely home, and great it is so near to you as well.
i just went over to their house with a friend that runs a rescue, she knows what questions to ask. didn't take Zelda tho, but doing a midweek walk near my home to see if the connection between them is there. like i said before Zelda ignores strangers when out on a walk
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >