Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
which is what i am doing

which is what i am doing this is the second time now and I still have Bailey
although i am not a 'breeder' as such, it was a one off.
Breeding one litter makes you a breeder, I am glad you are taking responsibility for your pup, and find her a good home.

I guess this is the reality of breeding, be it one litter or a hundred, you are responsible for the future of all pups you breed, good luck with the new home!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 10:29 AM
She's very beautiful....hope it works out for her and you hun ....fingers crossed xxxxx
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Good luck in your hunt for Zelda's forever home. She is a gorgeous girlie.

The lady in question must be well pleased with her new choice of husband! Anyone who comes into your life and 'makes' you choose like that ain't worth it and I'm quite sure she will discover that over the coming years and realise that she gave away the one with true loyalty to her!
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Zelda is a gorgeous girlie. Hope the home checks go ok and a new forever home is found for her.

A vet and a born again christian!!!!!!!! Well i hope they realise there loss - b*oody eejits!!! Don't deserve the love of a good dog.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Just wishing you and Zelda good luck for today - I know that you will make sure any home is 100% but hoping you can find Zeldas special new home today the Forever home

And I think you have acted fantastically in this not only by taking Zelda back, which of course a good breeder will always do, but by containing your anger and emotions in order to ensure it does not jeopardise Zeldas situation. Good on you x
thank you thanks everyone you have all been very supportive although it's been sad for me to do your kind words have helped me more than you know. so thanks again. xxxxx

well the home checks went...............
...Great for one couple they are in late 40's kids grown up and flown the nest, he is a policeman, she is at home all day. they have loads of room and places to walk her, they live the other side Merseyside.

do you think i should take Zelda to them or would it be better if they picked her up from me
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
thank you thanks everyone you have all been very supportive although it's been sad for me to do your kind words have helped me more than you know. so thanks again. xxxxx

well the home checks went...............
...Great for one couple they are in late 40's kids grown up and flown the nest, he is a policeman, she is at home all day. they have loads of room and places to walk her, they live the other side Merseyside.

do you think i should take Zelda to them or would it be better if they picked her up from me
I think if it was me, I'd meet on neutral terratory and take her for a walk together, then hand her over at the end of the walk.

So pleased she has found a great home
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 05:11 PM
I don't think it really matters...

We rehomed a GSD once who, in the 3 days she had been with us had latched onto me (in a way only GSD's seem to be able to!) - I had taken her from her previous home.

The couple came over to collect her and she stood in the doorway and let rip at them .

She got in the car with them very happily and ended up being fine.

Gabe was dropped off here (but at the time we did not know he was staying)....

Will you be able to drive away without flooding with tears is probably the question to ask....
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 05:11 PM
I don't know, I just wanted to say well done for doing this, and I hope that everything goes well
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't think it would matter whether you met them and handed her over after a walk, or went to thiers and handed her over.

When I fostered a Dobie when I worked for the RSPCA the couple came to the house, and he went mad at them, so we left it till the next day when I took him to thiers....and away inside he went LOL

Glad it went well they sound a lovely home xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I think if it was me, I'd meet on neutral terratory and take her for a walk together, then hand her over at the end of the walk.

So pleased she has found a great home
we are meeting for a walk midweek close to where i live.
i need to see if there is a connection between them i suppose.
Zelda is very much like my Bailey.. when out on a walk they totally ignore strangers.
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »