View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
miragedrum
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
It is a bit confusing to us as well, but its been a while since I adopted a dog and the last time was my pair of pyraneans, which was more of being at the right place at the right time and with the facilities to cater for them and it all went very smoothly.

As has already been mentioned above, the centres have their rules for a reason and I fully understand from their point of view

The last thing I want to do is put a dog into a situation where it is not going to be happy and end up trying to find her a new home thats not what I want

The 2nd but last thing I want to do is cause a feud between members on here, I know people have different opinions but I don't want to start a fight lol

We will find our perfect partner I am sure even if it is not Brandy
miragedrum
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Crisis may be over! we are going to meet Seb on Monday morning, a collie cross, 10 months old, black and tan

she is at the wainwright animal rescue here in cumbria and aparently an absolute star!

If all goes well and he settles fairly quickly then maybe we can have another go for Brandy, as Seb is already a fully house trained and house friendly dog

Aparently he is that laid back they nick named him recliner lol

well here's fingers crossed (again)
jan@pembs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Good luck with seb hopefully all will be well and Brandy will be with you soon to
BTW our Malamute Ella (nutella) came from Manytears.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 07:39 PM
aw seb sounds wonderful! you must be so excited! cant wait to hear how it goes good luck.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by miragedrum View Post
Crisis may be over! we are going to meet Seb on Monday morning, a collie cross, 10 months old, black and tan

she is at the wainwright animal rescue here in cumbria and aparently an absolute star!

If all goes well and he settles fairly quickly then maybe we can have another go for Brandy, as Seb is already a fully house trained and house friendly dog

Aparently he is that laid back they nick named him recliner lol

well here's fingers crossed (again)
Hope it all goes well!" Collies are the best!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
but miragedrum has said he wants to offer 2 rescue dogs a forever home, therefore Brandy would not be on her own at all??
The problem being they are both dogs that cant be on their own, are not known to each other and in different parts of the country and would be going to another part of the country, if they didnt get on they would both have to come back. I think ideally it would be best to get one dog thats ok on its own and then decide on an exbreeding one either Neon or Brandy and a normal meeting could go ahead, if the two dogs didnt get on then theres no distress for either of the dogs and if they did then that would be perfect.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Hope it all goes well!" Collies are the best!
Oh everything crossed for you, good luck - i do feel for you!

Brandy is already living with my collie Podge and they get on famously ....I agree Collies are the best!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i agree... i know they want the best for the dogs but with so many needing a home, isnt it best that they go somewhere where they will be loved and cared for? i dont think 2 hours is at all excessive... and for that to be the only reason to turned someone down, well i think thats terrible.
Its very difficult with exbreeding dogs, some have been homed on their own, but in my exp it rarely works, they can be very traumatised souls and that is why it is Many Tears policy as so many were coming back to the centre because they could just not settle or be left.
Its very very sad, but they are just doing what is best for the dogs, there is nothing worse than a dog being led from pillar to post.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I'm sorry you seem to be having so much trouble when all you want to do is give one or two dogs a much needed, loving, permanent home. I suppose the rescue centres have their policies in place for reasons that they believe in and from experience, and they do such wonderful jobs in the main that it is very difficult to dispute their decisions.

I am certain that there will suddenly be just the dog or dogs materialise for you and you will realise why the obstacles have been there previously.

I wish you all the best in the continued search
I agree, things happen for a reason, it was actually east midlands dog rescue and many tears who gave us the chance to rehome, when no one else would because we had a baby.
But because of this we have got our perfect dogs and became heavily involved in rescue.
It will come good in the end
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
miragedrum has offered homes for two dogs, he has alkso asked for many tears to recommend which dog would get on with Brandy and has still be turned down!!

I still want to know why a dog that has been a breeding bitch and kept with other dogs will not cope with a short spell alone?? If this was a dog off the street with an UNKNOWN history wuould she be given the chance to see if she is okay alone?? it seems very stupid when there are so many dogs languishing in kennels that they are not prepared to give what sounds like a perfect home the chance!!!!
Im not aware that Many tears were asked to recommend another dog. My understanding is tha a request was made to rehome Brandy and Neon, but the difficulty is thay have never met each other and so we cannot know if they will get on.

Ex breeding puppy farm dogs on the whole do not cope with being left alone. They on the whole are left in toatl isolation with only their own kind for company.
When the come into foster care they are petrified of humans and will hide away, they are however more confident with other dogs who they learn from. Having 3 of my own, and fostering many i can tell you this is the norm and is why many tears only rehome the ex breeding dogs where there is another confident dog in the house.
As it is Brandy is a little bit more confident and will happily be with us humans, but if left alone she paces and howls and scratches to be with me or the dogs, so know she could not be left for two hours on her own.

Many tears try to get all their dogs in foster homes so they can be accessed in a home enviroment, so that they can be best placed and i must agree with them.

I would dearly love Brandy to be rehomed with miragedrum as it sounds like an Idylic home for her and im sure if they get Seb and he settles and they still wanted Brandy there would be no trouble at all in them rehoming her.

I hope that makes sense, i know it can look rediculous when you have good homes to offer, but rescues really do want whats best for their dogs.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >